Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Intro to a song

Birdy

Dec 4, 2003
Hove
River Boat Song - Ocean Colour Scene
Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Absolution - Muse
Agadoo - now what was the name of that band????

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She Sells Sanctuary- The Cult

Blue Monday- New Order

Atmosphere- Joy Division

Public Image- Public Image Limited

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
One - Metallica

Hallelujah - Jeff buckley

Blue Monday - New Order (Good call El P)

Sowing The Seeds of Love - Tears for Fears

No Sheep 'Till Buxton - Macc Ladds

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
System of a down - chop seuy + toxicity + marmalade + suet pee(sp?)
White Stripes - Black Math + Seven Nation Army
Offspring - Hit that
Oxymoron - fuckers everywhere
Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
Rocky Theme - Eye of the tiger
Alice Cooper - Schools Out
Wurzels - Combine Harvester

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Caught the start of the film 'Shaft' while I was Channel hopping one evening tghis week, and I thought to myself 'this song has a great Intro,

So, I'll nominate the theme from Shaft

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
CrabtreeBHA said:
whats wrong with Phil Collins? I think he's great, was fantastic in Genesis when I saw them at the Brighton Centre many years ago and good solo artist.
A talented musician in my book :clap:
You obviously never saw Genesis with Peter Gabriel, probably to young ??? In my opinion Baldy Collins was second rate, but everyone to there own.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

Thieves Like Us - New Order

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
sullyupthewing said:
You obviously never saw Genesis with Peter Gabriel, probably to young ??? In my opinion Baldy Collins was second rate, but everyone to there own.

It is fashionable to hate Collins as he has produced some fairly bland MOR. He has also produced some of the best lyrics ever and is almost certainly the best rock drummer in the world (I don't mean Heavy Metal i mean rock generally).

To those who think he is a hypocrite be careful that you base this on what he has said and not what the media has reported he has said. I mean they have never been known to make things up have they! (he did leave the country but that was because his new young wife wanted to live in Swis/land)

To compare Collins to Gabriel is to compare Guilgood to John Clease. They are different and both have their good points in their own areas.

Collins is still one of the best frontmen around, even if he was not the same as Gabriel (who may or may not have been better, and yes I have seen both, in fact I have seen all 3 Genesis frontmen.)

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Time- Pink Floyd :

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way.......

rool

Jul 10, 2003
sorry, got to add rasputin by boney m, love is the drug by roxy music and pull up to my bumper by grace jones

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gullet said:
Big Country - Fields Of Fire (great guitar playing)

If you are talking Big Country surely - East of Eden ?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Beach Hut said:
If you are talking Big Country surely - East of Eden ?
Was a huge Big Country fan but East Of Eden wasnt one of my favourites, at least not the intro. Loads of others to choose from though. The Teacher, In A Big Country, Restless Natives etc etc. The list goes on and on. Great to see someone else appreciated one of the most underestimated bands of the 80s and 90s. Fantastic live band who could play guitar with few equals.
:clap: :clap:

Gullet said:
Was a huge Big Country fan but East Of Eden wasnt one of my favourites, at least not the intro. Loads of others to choose from though. The Teacher, In A Big Country, Restless Natives etc etc. The list goes on and on. Great to see someone else appreciated one of the most underestimated bands of the 80s and 90s. Fantastic live band who could play guitar with few equals.
:clap: :clap:

Especially rated first album was it "In the Big Country" every track started a pogo. And of course there was the SKIDS and INTO THE VALLEY.

Class.:flameboun :bounce: :clap2: :clap:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
London Calling said:
Especially rated first album was it "In the Big Country" every track started a pogo. And of course there was the SKIDS and INTO THE VALLEY.

Class.:flameboun :bounce: :clap2: :clap:
The first album was actually called " The Crossing" but yes "In a big country" was on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here