Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Intro to a song

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats wrong with Phil Collins? I think he's great, was fantastic in Genesis when I saw them at the Brighton Centre many years ago and good solo artist.
A talented musician in my book :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jambo Seagull said:
All by the Jam. What a f***ing band they were.

Seconded. Ditto Dover97's submission for 'Baba O'Reilly' off the same Who's Next alubm that you would find 'Won't Get Fooled Again' Might also add the intro to 'Love Will tear Us Apart' by Joy Division.

BTW for what it's worth Phil Collins is a ****.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:

BTW for what it's worth Phil Collins is a ****.

why? I dont understand this hatred for him :jester:
Has he done something amazingly wrong? malested children? tell me!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Wookiee said:
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

Is that an intro or just a mixed up song with the verse preceding the chorus?
i dunno , but i agree

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CrabtreeBHA said:

He has spent the past 35 years making unlistenable music, and making a fat wad of cash out of it.

Plus in the late eighties he wrote 'Another Day in Paradise', a reasonable song about homelessness, then in the next breath says if the Tories lose the next election, he will leave the country. Now, while that may be construed as a party political broadcast on behalf of Labour, it does show him up to be a total f***ing hypoctrite.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
He has spent the past 35 years making unlistenable music, and making a fat wad of cash out of it.

Plus in the late eighties he wrote 'Another Day in Paradise', a reasonable song about homelessness, then in the next breath says if the Tories lose the next election, he will leave the country. Now, while that may be construed as a party political broadcast on behalf of Labour, it does show him up to be a total f***ing hypoctrite.

well yeah suppose about the hypocrite bit, but many artists are like that! As for his music its not unlistenable its good...to me and many others so as far as I'm concerned he's OK :)

and so what if he made a fat wad of cash, good on him I say, he had a dream and succeeded...I would LOVE to of lived that dream and done as well as he has.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
CrabtreeBHA said:
well yeah suppose about the hypocrite bit, but many artists are like that! As for his music its not unlistenable its good...to me and many others so as far as I'm concerned he's OK :)

and so what if he made a fat wad of cash, good on him I say, he had a dream and succeeded...I would LOVE to of lived that dream and done as well as he has.

Crabbers, this is a piss-take, right?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no its not, I like some of his songs, I liked him with Genesis (albeit I liked Genesis he was just there). I think some of his solo stuff is great

BUT

rememebr my taste in music is classic 80's cheese/Punk Rock/abit of Metal/70's Punk/Golden Oldies from the 60's & 70's :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:

He was great as the drummer in Genesis when Peter Gabriel was the front man. In fact they were one of the best bands around in those days.

Back to intros - Lou Reed - Sweet Jane
Pink Floyd- One of these days

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
London Calling said:
Stiff Little Fingers Alternative Ulster

ooohhh reminds me of:

the Rutts - SUS

listened to that last night, class!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Twist and Shout or I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles...

kevinbha

Aug 25, 2003
Worthing
Kashmir Led Zeppelin.............classic rock and roll
The End The Doors...............depressing and bril
Baba Oreilly The Who..........summed up the 70's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here