Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Excuse For Calling A Sickie?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive just called work and told them that i have a sore throat and i dont want my throat infection to come back!

Whats your best excuse?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Always gotta play the runny bum card I think. People will rarely argue if you detail the extent of your anal avalanching. A really good trick is to prepare some sound effects and call from the bathroom, letting your boss know where you are and why you're not coming in. Guarantee they're not gonna question you further

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Just tell them i have a football match for the college! (the fact that they know i don\\\'t play for them doesn\\\'t seem to bother them :lolol: )

Think i might have to call in sick on wednesday :lolol:

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The summer of 1986 I had to go sick for a month because I got attacked by a caterpillar that fell out of my apple tree when I was mowing the lawn. The bleeding thing left me with a chicken pox type rash all over my body & the doctor told me to cover myself all over in calamine lotion, Needed anti biotics as well. As it coincided with the world cup nobody at work believed me.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
best one i've heard was a mate who told work that as he was rushing through the kitchen, he cut his leg on an open tin can that was sticking out of the bin...

also told them that he had burnt himself on the hot water pipe in the shower...

really he had just slept in, both times

he went through a lot of jobs

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Two spring to mind:

1, Oooh I've injured my back sitting down with my young son on my knee at the top of the waterslide at the Burgess Hill Triangle leisure centre. Had to be ambulanced to the Royal Sussex where I've been administered the maximum amount of morphine one is allowed and kept in over night and where I am phoning you from now

and

2, Aaah I fell of the running machine at the gym and wasn't wearing the auto stop cord so was belt sanded to an inch of my life before I could escape from the thing.

work didn't believe me on either occasion...but both true!!!:cool:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Back in 96 when we had that rearranged match with York on a Thursday morning, 11am kick off or something, I staged a convincing performance of having the shits. Totally believable, although was nearly caught out when one of our clients was also at the game!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The shits always works, as said above, they aren't gonna question you. And considering I work somewhere with an expected sickie rate of one day in twenty, it can be very useful ;)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When I worked for Deutsche Bank in Sydney I had to ring them one Monday morning to tell them I wouldn't be in for a few days as I couldn't sit down properly - I'd fallen on to a BBQ and squewered my botty on a chicken kebab, I was playing cricket slightly tipsy at a friends party....:( I managed three days off but probably shouldn't have gone back so soon as the train trip into work (50 odd minutes) was agony on the thursday...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Director (non shareholding) where my wife used to work was the laziest fat bastard ever. He was everlastingly taking time off sick, getting in late or leaving early. I list some of his gems below;

"I fell over and broke my glasses"
"I can't find my wallet"
"I pulled over because I was tired and fell asleep"
"I'm taking my wife ("Sweetie") to the doctor as she has RSI"
"I have to leave early to do the washing up as Sweetie is suffering from RSI"
"My son has a cold"(He's 15)
"I need to go and buy hay for the rabbit"
"I've tripped over the rabbit"
"I have a kidney infection"
"I have sickness & the runs"
"I feel terrible" (non specific)
"I have to go for some injections"
"I fell over and ripped my trousers"
"My mother is ill"
"My lights aren't working" (New car)
"My tyre has a puncture"
"I'll be working from home" (Sleeping)
"Got caught in traffic and had to turn back"
"I have to take the kids to school" (Stopping at McDonalds on the way)
"I have to pick the kids up from school" (via KFC)

and many more...all in the space of a year!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I once said I got mugged in town and had black eyes etc. Couldnt come to work due to having clients etc + impression it would make.
Had a whole week off kicking back ,
Only prob was when I got back to work , everyone wanted to know the story.

Blamed it on Chavs and didnt see their faces.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive used that squits excuse but i acctually did have a throat infection a few months ago so i thaught id try and see how long i could drag it out for!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
managed to get Friday off as my wife was ill and i had to stay at home and look after our 6 month old girl - which was nice.

best ever was after i tore my achilles and was signed off work for 3 months. spent most of the time in the pub on crutches!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here