Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Ever Support Act

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I went to see the Stereophoncs at the albert hall on tuesday and think I saw quite possibly the best support act ever.

Paul Weller came on first and did 4 tracks including Thats Entertainment and a town called malice. He was then Joined by James Dean Bradfield (the lead singer of the manics) They played a track together then Kelly Jones joined them for a track.

James dean bradfield then left the stage and Roger Daltrey came on stage and they played a few tracks including The kids are alright and magic bus.

The stereophonics were good but paled into insignificance after that. Plus we also got to meet Paul Weller as he was hanging aorund watching the sterophincs near where we were sat, got my missus to have her photo taken with the legend.

Not bad for a tuesday night.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I saw the Jam supporting Little Bob Storey at Crawley College (with about twenty other punters) and Talking Heads and The Saints supporting The Ramones at The Roundhouse.

All very good supporting acts.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lynyrd Skynurd for Golden Earing at the Dome in 1974.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds lke a top night, even if the Stereophonics are poo poo.

Best support acts I ever saw were Travis back in the day and Urusei Yatsura who supported the Super Furries, both gigs in the old East Wing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Ugly Kid Joe supporting Van Halen & Bon Jovi in 1995 at Wembley Stadium, thats my fave support act EVER! they blew away the main two bands.

Because of the context, I would have to go for Alfie supporting the Flaming Lips. The context being that the Lips were hugely disappointing, and without Alfie the whole night would have been deeply depressing.

Also 'saw' Sun Electric supporting the Orb c.1991/2 and they were fookin fantastic.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Lynyrd Skynurd for Golden Earing at the Dome in 1974.

Now there's a gig I'd love to have been at. Freebird and Radar Love at the same gig. Marvellous.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Rudedog supporting the Dickies at the Concorde 2, man that was some show :jester:

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Urusei Yatsura are f***ing brilliant. I can't beleive they didn't make more of their career, saw them quite a few times around brighton. I actually saw the Super Furries supporting Catatonia at the concorde many moons ago as well.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
The Darkness supporting the Wildhearts (they were crap then too) but look at them now.

Also saw Travis supporting Mansun at the East wing. Travis are now huge Mansun split up.

Neither fit the bill as being best support act though....Lamb supporting Moby were class.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I saw The Proclaimers support The Housemartins at The Top Rank in Brighton. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or jig.

Best; The Beastie Boys supporting Run DMC, Brighton '87.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
The Bluetones supporting Supergrass at the Crypt in Hastings was a bit of a gig.

Cor blimey - I was at that! I got my nose broke and left before supergrass came on, but didnt care coz the bluetones were AMAZING!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Pixies supporting Throwing Muses, 1988.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Phaedrus said:
Best; The Beastie Boys supporting Run DMC, Brighton '87.

:clap: :clap:

My first ever gig without the parents !!!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
redland said:
:clap: :clap:

My first ever gig without the parents !!!

Fantastic wasn't it. Seeing The Beasties wallop cans of Bud into the crowd with baseball bats infront of a 14ft high hydraulic penis was an important moment in my life.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
timseagull said:

Also saw Travis supporting Mansun at the East wing. Travis are now huge Mansun split up.

Yep, I was there.

Alfie are pure class. Really relaxed during the songs but the way they get into their music when they are playing is excellent. The best frontman in the country too, even if he is a United fan. Want to see more of them.

Just thought of another, the Jungle Brothers supporting the Beasties at Wembley. Never since have I seen two black geezers on te same bmx shouting 'We in the VIP, yeah yeah'

Marvellous scenes.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Dialated Peoples supporting Blubba Sparx last year at the Astoria were awesome, after a couple of Blubba songs the crowd were shouting to get them back on, Blubba did 5 songs and fu*ked off :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here