Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Ever Support Act

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
pasty said:
Now there's a gig I'd love to have been at. Freebird and Radar Love at the same gig. Marvellous.

To be honest mots people left when Skynyrd finished their set. Ironically Goldern Earing are still going, Skynrd's left overs are still staggering about the Southern States but apart from the three that died Allen Collins died and another member is a paraplegic.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Bought tickets too see the Manics at the Brighton Centre only because Ian Brown was supporting. Didn't even bother watching the welsh weirdos after his set.

The mans a f**king legend!!!

I saw the Run DMC and Beastie Boys 'Together Forever' Tour at the Centre as well. I was 13 and it was my first gig - I was blown away, especially by the topless girls in cages - me and my mates were like this :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Faldo said:
Cor blimey - I was at that! I got my nose broke and left before supergrass came on, but didnt care coz the bluetones were AMAZING!

That's nasty. Bluetones were better than Supergrass IMO, so don't feel you missed out.

Last edited:

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
K D Lang and the Reclines supporting Lyle Lovett somewhere in London (probably the Forum in Kentish Town or whatever it used to be called) in '87.

Also saw Dire Straits supporting Talking Heads at the Top Rank around '78. Not a great fan of theirs, but have to admit Knopfler was good live.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Wienergull said:
Also saw Dire Straits supporting Talking Heads at the Top Rank around '78. Not a great fan of theirs, but have to admit Knopfler was good live.

I was at that one also. Good show. Saw Dire Straits at Nelson's club at Wimbledon Football Ground a few months before that.

Buzzcocks and the Slits was another good double bill at the Top Rank, although the Slits couldn't really play it was still good entertainment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here