Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Curry House - eat in or take out

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In the Brighton area.

1. The Curry Place - take out - sackville rd - no longer live near there but superb
2. Chillies - southwick - take out - my new curry house - very good
3. The Ashoka - in/out - Hove - very good
4. The Indiana - in/out - Hove - very good

Meat Madras, Mushroom rice, Onion Bhaji's, Popadum :drink:

Any others to try ?.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Ashoka is great, I need curry now!

ashoka.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tandoori Nights in Uckfield does a mean mixed grill.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Indian Cottage in Shoreham is pretty good, I shamefully dont go out for currys that much and really should get back into the habit.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Curry Garden Tandoori in Lee, near Blackheath. Crap name, finest Indian food I've ever eaten. If you order take-out from there, it comes in proper tupperware thingies rather than those metallic trays. Keeps the grub much fresher.

In Brighton, I like Noori's in Middle Street. There's a superb one just off Preston Circus aswell, can't remember the name, near the bottom of New England Hill.

This thread had induced a curry craving. :drool:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Ganges in Church road Hove is better than Ashoka and Indianna

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
Had a great curry last night fropm Spice Nutriment in Queen's Road. Always very very good and they explain on the menu why their curries are good for you - eat curry but healthy.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Regency Gull said:
Had a great curry last night fropm Spice Nutriment in Queen's Road. Always very very good and they explain on the menu why their curries are good for you - eat curry but healthy.

Spice nutriment is a great takeaway

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
The Ashoka does a crap Chicken Tikka Massalla. No flavour or sweetness to it at all. Very disappointing.

Best one I've found in Hove is Curry Mahal on Portland Road. Everything there is fantastic and cooked really nicely.

In Brighton I would recommend the Shahi in Beaconsfield Road for Eat-In or Take-Away.

Ashoka is excellent, and very popular. I was in there one evening and it was so crowded that they were squeezing new customers in as tightly as possible. I was about to have a bit of a whinge, until I realised that the guy I now found myself sitting next to was none other than Liam Brady.

:thumbsup:

The place next door is good as well.

Current out-of-Brighton area favourite is the Viceroy in Polegate.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nizam in Haywards Heath.

Mmmmmm.....curry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here