Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Amex pie and pint combo

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the familiarisation day I had a pint of strongbow and a steak and ale pie combo deal. The steak pie was very nice indeed.

I didnt do the Eastbourne game.

But against Spurs had the Chicken and Ham (and Strongbow) have to say those pies are IMMENSE.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can anyone confirm if the Steak and Ale pie has any rogue elements in it.. like onions etc? Or is it literally just steak and ale?
I know the clue should be in the title, but many a time i've ordered similar or bought a chicken pie and have ended up being rather ill due to 'unlisted' onion...

Can confirm that onions aren't in the pies at all.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only tried the Steak and Ale so far and it was top quality 10/10 food. And mine is with cider.

Yep, without question my fave combo too, tried a chicken & ham pie too, but too salty for me. Not into hot dogs or burgers, and Thai green curry isnt exactly conduciive to Saturday afternoon footie to my mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The annoying thing about that choice is that you don't get the combo pie and a pint deal.
How much is the kids combo food deal?

I'm just topping up their season tickets, and have even looked for the menu board thread, to no avail.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I'm a bit worried it could lead to a wave of doubts about peoples sexuality - I prefer chicken & ham pie with fosters but I'm aware that it would be more manly to have steak & ale with kronenbourg or harveys so I might have to lie if surveyed. As for a vegetarian pie with a soft drink......!!!! (Joking obviously)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've posted it elsewhere but keep your eye's on the Azure caterers. Definitely not to be trusted and dont do chips either at any of their franchises. I fear for Piglets if their contract is not watertight !!

Interesting, I didn't read your previous postings on this, but that's a fairly damning comment, have you bought this to the attention of the club? They really should know about this.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I work at Amex too, I got the leaflet and I told the girlfriend about it. She was in the shop in Queens Road today topping up our cards for Saturday and mentioned it to the shop person. They replied "No. There's no discount for Amex employees at the ground." She was absolutely 100% certain of this.

You might need to bring the leaflet with you, and be prepared for an argument.

My understanding is that it only applies to the concourses for food and drink. I sent a email today to Elliott at Azure for confirmation that his staff are aware of this. I would hate to hold people up in the queue arguing the toss.

I also asked whether the offer can be used in conjunction with the regular 10% smart card offer. If so, then this means that Amex staff will get 20% off all food/drink before the game and 25% after - That seems like a bit too much of discount to be true though!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I've got the leaflet right in front of me.
' American Express employees can enjoy a 10% discount on food and drink from the kiosks up to 15 minutes before the game and 15% after the game. To avail this offer just display a valid staff pass . '

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Oh and brother was not impressed about not Chicken Tikka/Balti pie, but said he'd try the chicken n ham one and do a taster/swap :thumbsup:

OMFG they do a chicken Balti pie... why have i not seen this??

i was going to say Steak and ale with a pint of Harvey..... But i may have to come back to this thread after the weekend...

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
I've got the leaflet right in front of me.
' American Express employees can enjoy a 10% discount on food and drink from the kiosks up to 15 minutes before the game and 15% after the game. To avail this offer just display a valid staff pass . '

I can not see staff getting both discounts, it would be one or the other surely? If you do, well done!

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Balti pie? How the heckety heck did I miss that? Shall be the pie du jour for Donny...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I went for a Steak and Ale/Fosters combo at the Tottenham match (which was very good), but I think I'm leaning towards a Chicken and ham/Strongbow for Doncaster....variety being the spice of life and all that......I'll also partake in a pint or two of Harveys (only as a bit of market research you understand).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here