Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Amex pie and pint combo

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
What are the pint options for those of us who don't drink beer or ale? (which ciders, can we just get water or coke instead, etc?)

I believe the options are Fosters or Kronenbourg lager or Cider (was it Strongbow?), or any soft drink. May be wrong but I'm sure that's what I read on the board.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe the options are Fosters or Kronenbourg lager or Cider (was it Strongbow?), or any soft drink. May be wrong but I'm sure that's what I read on the board.

Looks like soft drinks for me (strongbow literally makes me feel like I'm going to throw up)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I work at Amex and Ive just had a leaflet dropped on my desk which offers staff a further 10% of all food and drink from kiosks before the game and 15% after.. Using that together with the smart card really makes eating/drinking at the stadium bloody cheap!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Steak and Ale with Kronenbourg. The Steak and Ale pie was lovely, I do not know what the Kronenbourg was like because the barrel had run out. I asked if I could wait for it and they said yes, 5-10 minutes later no Kronenbourg. Had Fosters instead and that was crap, as it always is wherever you buy Fosters. I washed the pie and Fosters down with Kronenbourg afterwards, which was nice. :thumbsup:

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I had Harveys and Steak and Ale, which wasn't in the deal when I checked my receipt later. Unless the retard behind the counter needed to push a special button for the deal. God, he was clueless. I had to repeat the order 3 times, and he had to take the receipt with him to collect the four items I'd ordered.
Very nice pie by the way!

That's the trouble with people, in general, that work at football grounds in half time kiosks etc is that they are truly bleedin useless. I know you shouldn't tar people with the same brush but it does tend to be the case across the country whenever I go to see the Albion away. These people generally rude, rarely speak much English, slow, incoherent and don't want to be there! At least they have a job I guess!

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The annoying thing about that choice is that you don't get the combo pie and a pint deal.

For me it's steak and ale with Harveys ale

In both the last two games I had Harveys and steak & ale pie which, on both occasions, WAS charged as the pie and pint meal deal at £6.50. You just need to impress on the staff "PIE AND PINT MEAL DEAL PLEASE" as otherwise from what I saw they put the items into the till seperately as you order them!! Just some staff training issues by the look of it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
you would hope that the tills would do that clever thing that the boots ones do and recognise that when an order contains the items that it triggers the deal (so that you could say, 3 harveys, 2 fantas, 2 burgers and a pie and it would recognise the number of deals in it).

I mean, even the Wimpy had that in 1986 on their tills

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well I must admit I didn't ask for the pie and pint deal because it is only advertised as working with lager, Strongbow or soft drinks. But if other people have had success I shall try my luck on Saturday.

Fingers crossed

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
You do. I had a beef and ale pie, plus a pint of Harveys on Saturday for the p&p deal :thumbsup:

Yes I think you will find that inconsistency exists between bars. My bar did not allow the deal, yours obviously did. You may find after we have alerted those in command that may all change this Saturday??

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yes I think you will find that inconsistency exists between bars. My bar did not allow the deal, yours obviously did. You may find after we have alerted those in command that may all change this Saturday??

Hopefully to make it inclusive everywhere. Would be gutted if that changes, 'cos it's a top deal.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Hopefully to make it inclusive everywhere. Would be gutted if that changes, 'cos it's a top deal.

Agreed, would much prefer a pint of Harveys. And as it's virtually the same cost as the lager I cannot see why they wouldn't include it in the deal?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've had the veg pie and a pint of Harveys at both the SSCF and Spurs game and both times I got the deal (without asking). Vegetarian pie is very tasty and nice Harveys too

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Am hoping for a steak and ale / Dark Star combo this weekend...

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I think it's time to start a campaign for the return of chips, I have always had chips at half time since I was a nipper at the Goldstone. BRING BACK CHIPS

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You mean they let you use the tills as well as dress-up as Mr Wimpy? ???

They sure did. The costume was just a license to grope foreign students who wanted their photo taken with him. He has such big hands they could go ANYWHERE!

We also had the students who would walk in asking 'could I hev a larsh cock pleece'. They still got the meal deal too cos the clever till worked it out

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I work at Amex and Ive just had a leaflet dropped on my desk which offers staff a further 10% of all food and drink from kiosks before the game and 15% after.. Using that together with the smart card really makes eating/drinking at the stadium bloody cheap!

I work at Amex too, I got the leaflet and I told the girlfriend about it. She was in the shop in Queens Road today topping up our cards for Saturday and mentioned it to the shop person. They replied "No. There's no discount for Amex employees at the ground." She was absolutely 100% certain of this.

You might need to bring the leaflet with you, and be prepared for an argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here