Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best 10 Film Title Sequences

bhafc99 said:
As it's become best beginnings rather than title sequences, I'd like to add:

The Player. The characters talk about the longest tracking shot in movie history during one that's actually longer.

I worked briefly on 'The Player', and I found it gimmicky, suffering for the self-conscious 'insider' projection that ultimately ignored the intensity of story - it became ultimately boring, and Robert Altman should've never worked in hollywood again for being such a sycophant.

The Stunt Man (Peter O'Toole and Steve Railsback are excellent in it) had an interesting beginning sequence that looked continuous .....and makes you wonder how they did that.
It's also meaningful to the rest of the film (reminding me never to turn up late for a film and miss the beginning).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
Some people do not have a full grip on the understanding of title sequences, Never mind if we extend it to best beginnings s.

Just pleased to see that I'm not alone in being the resident thicko on best title sequences :clap:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Robert Altman never work again.........................I will forgive him anything after he made one of the great films IN M.A.S.H. WHY IS HE A SYCOPHANT ANYWAY.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
bhafc99 said:
The Player. The characters talk about the longest tracking shot in movie history during one that's actually longer.

That's the opening credits for Touch of Evil, the one I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I agree with NMH, The Player has got some good moments but it's far too self-indulgent.

Gwylan said:
That's the opening credits for Touch of Evil, the one I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I agree with NMH, The Player has got some good moments but it's far too self-indulgent.

As if hollywood don't wankfest enough with award shows, Altman makes an 'inner' film full of celebs, casts his usual peeps in his films regardless of their acting ability or correctness for the part, and basically sells something to the public that is..... holly-wank-fest-woody to the max. He made some decent films to get there, but now he is devoid of a clue, unless it's indulgent self-consciousness. Woody Allen isn't much better, but one gets the feeling he may still have some talent if he wants to use it. He's just filling '5 films in 3 years' type contracts, regardless of quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here