Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benno - Did we sell him on the cheap?

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
No not at all, Bennetts 22/23 I think? Where as Chamberlains only 17 and has much much more potential.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Saints get their money based on their history of producing Bale and Walcott. Too early to judge Bennett's true value. Need to see how well he steps up to the Prem

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I cannot wait until we get Academy status and produce the same-Bennett's deal was fair-

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
To be fair, you could be asking the same about our purchase of Will Buckley based upon Saturday's match. IF it is a true reflection of his ability, then I can see why the Club were happy to cash-in on Bennett and spend some of the fee on Buckley to replace him. At first glance, Buckley is much better than Bennett, and we have done a good bit of business.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes if we could have hung on for 3-4 million we would. He wanted to go to a team a league above, stayed for 6 months to get us up and then we agreed to our part of that deal. Once again we've done things the right way and that's why our successes here mean far more than at certain other clubs like palarse and portscum

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We couldn't really not let him go, which brought his price down. Personally I would have liked us to get a little bit more for him as he was so important to our side.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever else is said about the Stains, they do have a knack for producing good young players.........and getting top-whack for them (although I would guess right now they're thinking they were robbed for Gareth Bale)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here