Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's going nowhere

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He is just forcing the clubs hand for better terms to be offered.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I dont think its over terms. Norwich could probably pay twice what we are offering.
Exactly.We could never match there offer while in this league.It's the lure of Premiership football and wages we simply cannot match.

Saying that i don't believe the club will let him go.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We have a chairman who is either very wealthy or absolutely minted, who also happens to be a professional poker player. The player has recently signed an extended contract. Let's be clear... No one will be getting anyone cheap and we don't have to accept any transfer request. And if the player's unhappy - you know what, he'll get over it. Murray has twice!

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
You don't put in a full transfer request to force the clubs hand over terms. It wouldn't be necessary to go that far. To put in a request you have to be really frustrated/keen to leave because (1) it destroys your relationship with the fans/club you are at and (2) I believe it means you are not entitled to any pay off from your existing contract when you are sold whereas if the clubs accepts an offer for you then you would be entitled to something.

I hate to break it to you but this clearly means he wants to move to us. Probably has done for a couple of weeks judging by his complete silence.

Of course that does not mean that it will definitely happen. Guess it depends if you feel you are better off playing the rest of the season with an unhappy player or having a happt, settled squad and an extra £1.5 million.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You don't put in a full transfer request to force the clubs hand over terms. It wouldn't be necessary to go that far. To put in a request you have to be really frustrated/keen to leave because (1) it destroys your relationship with the fans/club you are at and (2) I believe it means you are not entitled to any pay off from your existing contract when you are sold whereas if the clubs accepts an offer for you then you would be entitled to something.

I hate to break it to you but this clearly means he wants to move to us. Probably has done for a couple of weeks judging by his complete silence.

Of course that does not mean that it will definitely happen. Guess it depends if you feel you are better off playing the rest of the season with an unhappy player or having a happt, settled squad and an extra £1.5 million.

Does look that way, although I would laugh if it was another club that he signed for (unless it's Southampton).

I think Gus' stance will be that he won't want an unhappy player in the squad, but the bid will have to be decent enough to make it worthwhile. We aren't a club to sell on the cheap anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here