Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
was as good if not better than any ive seen for a while in the right back position when he switched yesterday,any case for him to start there in the next game ? ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It would have been a different story had they had Puncheon playing on their left, but he did well. Everything he had to do he dealt with and I was quite impressed by Aaron Davies switching with him a few times, very unselfish and actually showed passion for the cause which I hadn't seen from Davies yet.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I really do rate bennett he has got something about him and true i also would prefer him to be bombing down the wing fizzing over crosses but if he can play right back like that and enjoy the position i would at least try him there for the jpt and see how it goes

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I really do rate bennett he has got something about him and true i also would prefer him to be bombing down the wing fizzing over crosses but if he can play right back like that and enjoy the position i would at least try him there for the jpt and see how it goes

Won't happen as Virgo is back and he has to play :hammer:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He was excellent,and in fact " team 10" played very well against a side which will possibly finish top half.

One poor challenge and one harsh reffing decision cost us.We were at least as good as them,no?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
On yesterdays performance I can safely say he is a better right back the El-Abd!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did very well in an emergency but it must be stressed it was an emergency and he shouldnt even be considered for a permenant role there as his tackling isnt good enough.

As John Byrne said full back is the easiest position to play in an emergency as everything is in front of you and you can see it.

Yes he did well but dont lets get carried away.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
On yesterdays performance I can safely say he is a better right back than El-Abd!

On yesterdays performance, I can safely say I am a better right back than El-Abd. :wave:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
If he continues this form i can't see us keeping hold of him for long. I think he'll be sold next summer for a nice profit.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Top player, I know he's only played a few games but he's been consistent so far.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
he shouldnt even be considered for a permenant role there as his tackling isnt good enough.

Was anybody's tackling good enough yesterday?

I lost count of the number of 50/50 challenges that we seemed to come off second best in.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bennett is looking very useful indeed. The fact he switched to rightback and looked very comfortably highlights the main thing I've been impressed by, the fact he seems to have a very good footballing brain. He gets in good positions, he picks the right passes. Very impressive. However, he shouldn't be permanent rightback, we should just sign a proper rightback as well and allow Bennett to make the goals. :clap:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bennett is quality, end of. Slade's best purchase.

I am impressed by Bennett, he is a very quick winger which we have not had for a while. He did very well when put back to right back yesterday and was actually able to keep up with the winger, unlike El Abd who was a bit exposed a couple of times.

However, I would disagree that he is Slade's best signing. I think from what we have seen so far it is a toss up between Dicker and Tunnicliffe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here