Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett starts for Norwich

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Never a penalty, sending off was harsh. Good save though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Sorensen was going to retire at the end of the last season. GK on the bench for Stoke.

Surman replaces Bennett. Bennett had a poor game for the Albion against Stoke as well.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Bennett has had a really good game and just been taken off to a standing round of applause i still believe we should have got a more money for him than we did, but happy to see him starting and playing well

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
At least we didnt allow him to leave on a free. Never understood how Gillingham let that happen

a gills friend said whilst they were championship he was the bees knees, then they got relegated and apparently went quite badly off the boil. i think maybe there was a change of manager and he wasn't rated by this point, and the feeling was mutual, let his contract run down and hey presto - came to us. that was my mate's reckon anyway and it makes decent enough sense.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. They'll be disappointed with that decision.

Gills supporting friend of mine described him as full of energy when he was captain, but once they gave someone else the job, his head dropped and he seemed to lose interest.

Still. That sort of decision making is why they are scuffing around in the fourth division :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bennett has had a really good game and just been taken off to a standing round of applause i still believe we should have got a more money for him than we did, but happy to see him starting and playing well

Agreed, they coughed up £2 million for a Huddersfield player with a broken leg- good, but not as good as Bennett, even on two legs- and Burnley have just spanked a million on a striker from Bournemouth who scored precisely eight goals last season. We were mugged for £1.5 million.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agreed, they coughed up £2 million for a Huddersfield player with a broken leg- good, but not as good as Bennett, even on two legs- and Burnley have just spanked a million on a striker from Bournemouth who scored precisely eight goals last season. We were mugged for £1.5 million.

Absolutely !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good day for the Horse too, here he is enjoying St Johnstone's goal as they beat Celtic in the MTL.

_54727828_mackaygoal.jpg

Lush

Mods' Pet
From the BBC website:

"Norwich responded as the half wore on with Elliott Bennett in particular causing Stoke's backline problems.

And it was a foul on the summer signing from Brighton that led to the opening goal in the 37th minute."

:(

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
Good day for the Horse too, here he is enjoying St Johnstone's goal as they beat Celtic in the MTL.

_54727828_mackaygoal.jpg

I had to look long and hard at this before I realised that there is four players in the pic

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here