Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belarus' most famous player

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sergei Gotsmanov

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Even though he was only here a small time, he provided more entertainment and skill than any other player I can remember.

absolute class

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Seconded!

The greatest moment of all was that game when he waltzed around 4 defenders and the keeper in front of the South stand, put his foot on the ball on the goal line, and waved to the crowd before putting it in - superb!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Seconded!

The greatest moment of all was that game when he waltzed around 4 defenders and the keeper in front of the South stand, put his foot on the ball on the goal line, and waved to the crowd before putting it in - superb!

Fan-bloody-tastic. If someone could find that and put it on DVD they could charge what they liked :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He wont on Wednesday either. What TV channel is it on as I cannot find it anywhere. I thought that the government had insisted that all major England games were on terrestial TV or has that not been passed yet.

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Remember watching Gotsmanov play in my first season of going to the Goldstone early '90. He was the best player in that team by miles!! I was gutted when he moved to the Saints (I guess we couldn't afford to keep him) and even more gutted that they didn't give him a chance there. I'm glad he's held in such high asteem by the NSC faithful. Probably one of the few spot on things that Barry Lloyd did for the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Probably one of the few spot on things that Barry Lloyd did for the club.

John Byrne and Mike Small being two others.I reckon Lloyd was treated very harshly by the fans at the time, probably because he was a Bloom, Archer, Stanley man? Although he made a complete balls up in his treatment of Dean Saunders and Gary Nelson

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
John Byrne and Mike Small being two others.I reckon Lloyd was treated very harshly by the fans at the time, probably because he was a Bloom, Archer, Stanley man? Although he made a complete balls up in his treatment of Dean Saunders and Gary Nelson

Did he not get us to the brink of the top flight, one season before the premier league started? Not a bad effort really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he not get us to the brink of the top flight, one season before the premier league started? Not a bad effort really.

and with a negative goal difference, how cool is that? :lolol:

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol

The Deano issue and also selling John Robinson for an absolute pittance always sticks in the mind when thinking about Lloyd.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when steve rooke left us and went to southampton, being a cheeky git, I called him after a few games into the season , knowing Sergei wasn't playing at Saints and I asked Rooke if we could have him back on loan.

His answer was that he wasnt playing because he was injured(?) and secondly the Russian Club that held his registration Dynamo Minsk ( I think it was) had made it clear that they wanted as much money out of him, therefore loaning him out was not an option.

I think it was a great shame as he was one of only a handful of brighton players who people would actually go to see just for them:

Gotsmanov, Frank Worthington, Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Lloyd came along well before Archer and Stanley.

And sacking Lloyd was one of the first things Bellotti did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here