Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being moved for cup games?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Received a letter yesterday saying that if an away club wants their full allocation for Cup Games, then I might be moved to a different part of the ground. I'm a bit confused as I'm in the East Stand the other end to the North Stand which I thought was where the Away Fans would be.

Did anyone else receive this letter?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What? You're in the area you thought would be away fans and are surprised you'll be moved for away fans?

The south end of the east stand is the area that will be used when away teams want their full allocation of tickets for cup games. It's why the club have reserved that area and weren't planning on selling season tickets there (except to club employees, and representatives). People in that section, we were told at the season ticket presentation, will mostly be moved to the north end of the west stand (which was also not being made widely available for season tickets) for those cup games.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
The away supporters stand is the South Stand.

Certain competitions require a set percentile of the capacity given over to away supporters allocation I think this is 15% most cases.

To achieve this at Falmer the South East bit of the East stand can be utilised however, I though this identified additional capacity area did not have STHs in but was used for club purposes visitors and friend etc etc, so it woul not be a problem but I am probably out of date

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The away supporters stand is the South Stand.

Aha, that would explain it - I'd misunderstood where the away fans were... Thanks!

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I thought that part of the ground was being kept back for general sale, then if away fans want their full allocation, for cup games only(?), then they will use this area? I wasn't aware that they sold these as season tickets. What if the ground is full, then what happens?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
At the ST presentation I attended it was explicitly stated that no ST holders would be moved for the sake of cup games - even if the 15% allocation was taken up. The overflow of away fans would be into the areas held back from STs for this purpose.
However, that seems no longer to be the case - or they got the facts wrong at the presentation.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I thought that part of the ground was being kept back for general sale, then if away fans want their full allocation, for cup games only(?), then they will use this area? I wasn't aware that they sold these as season tickets. What if the ground is full, then what happens?

they would move the season ticket holders before any of the general sale tickets went on sale

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the North Stand which I thought was where the Away Fans would be.
JCL alert
alarm-bell.gif

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but aren't the general sale tickets the ones in the south east part where zeetha is sat? Where are the general seating tickets located?

We were told at my presentation that north west was being reserved for general sales. South east was for club employees representatives, etc. people who would be aware they would have to move for some cup games.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im about 20 yards out on the East Stand South End, cant wait for a bit of banter with the away fans... ;-)

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I couldn't help thinking last Saturday that the North Stand seating looked a bit smaller and less impressive than the South Stand, considering that is where the "singers" will be, I don't want away supporters to be encouraged by that and outsing us as it were.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I expect if the corners are filled in next season the away fans will be moved into the south-west corner to be extended half way behind the goal if they take their full 10%, or given the corner and whole of south for cup games if they take the whole 15%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here