Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham scores for Real

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I know most of you couldn't give a f***, but I thought whilst relaxing at home on this fine day watching TV that I'd share this with you.

It was a right footed free-kick from 20 yards curled into the far corner (keepers left).

I personally am pleased for him!

Last edited:

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
So am I.Hope he's a success and its good to see that all the Real players have been letting him take every free kick around the penalty area.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Every goal is a tiny little irritant to Man Utd 'fans' aswell. Couple that with my girlfriend being a Real supporter, I hope he does well.

Could make him a better player for England, too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's a class player and I hope he does well. This move can only be good for England I think.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Being a Real supporter as my dad is from Madrid I wish him all the best, I still think they have better talent than him in general play in midfield on the bench though.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I couldn't give a toss about Beckham. Why should we? Complete tosser, in my book.

I'm thinking of complaining to the Beeb. They are running a webpage with regular updates from the game against Tokyo on the pratt's progress - WHY? I mean, Real Madrid vs Tokyo in a friendly? Who gives a flying wotsit? They'll be telling us when he clips his toenails next.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watched the whole game live and the best news for England fans is that, not only did he get the first goal but IMHO he was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

In a depleted team with no Zidane, Renaldo or Roberto Carlos in the 1st his work rate was higher and he was at the heart of every dangerous move. OK so it was with a great team against FC Tokyo but he looked impressive.

Being an ABU and England fan this has to be good. If he can delvelop his game with those great players around him it's got to rub off on the rest of the England boys.

What you might not have known is that rainy season is officially over here and the sun has been out for 3 days solid, raising temperatures up to 35 c. This evening it finally broke but it's :censored: hot and 100% humidity and the whole game was played in the thunderstorm I walked home in.

I could hardly breathe just from a 20 min walk and I was completely soaked after just a minute of it with an umbrella. Becks walked off the pitch like he'd had a mild jog.

Incidentally if they show the goals in England watch out for the third by Renaldo. Traps the ball, does a little cross over with his feet and the ball which beats 2 players and curls it in the corner from 20 yards out. Beautiful to watch.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
David Who? :sick:

I'm sick to death of reading about/listening about/watching reports of/seeing pictures of David f***ing Beckham. I couldn't give a damn if he's scored for Real Madrid or anybody else and I hope the media circus that is the Beckham clan dries up and fucks off pronto....:sick: :tosser: :sick:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
David Who? :sick:

I'm sick to death of reading about/listening about/watching reports of/seeing pictures of David f***ing Beckham. I couldn't give a damn if he's scored for Real Madrid or anybody else and I hope the media circus that is the Beckham clan dries up and fucks off pronto....:sick: :tosser: :sick:

I care quite a lot about what the captain of my country is up to on the pitch.

I couldn't care less about his hair cut/ new car/ breakfast / wife's latest "record".

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Not to bothered about his progress at Madrid. Though I am sure the Beckham obsessed press will keep me updated.

Hopefully though the move abroad will benefit him and much more importantly England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here