Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford's Red Card

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh well. At 10 men each we were ALL OVER THEM, and the Danns red was still correct, as well as the risk of making 3 subs and having one get injured still a possibility. We could've won 3 or 4-0, Beckford or no Beckford.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
who cares, we won and we don't have to play leicester again this season. (obviously except possibly in the playoffs)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought we actually played a lot WORSE when Beckford went off. As others have said, oh well- what a shame!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Erm, wasn't the red card for his foul and abusive language?

That's got to be hard to get recinded unless there is clear video footage trained on him the whole time to show he never said anything.

Or am I wrong, was the red card for the challenge, which was clearly never a red. So clearly, the lino didn't even flag for 10 seconds.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loads of Leicester fans on Twitter complaining that it cost them 3 points. They could argue one point maybe, but three is a bit rich considering it was nil nil when he went off.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Doesn't change the result though, still six points behind us. If he had stayed on and scored a winner for them they would be above us. But then if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle...I thought he was sent off for foul and abusive language anyway. How can that be overturned, he either said something or he didn't.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
He was sent off for kicking your players head. I personally think he was purely walking away and was pissed off so not looking where he was stepping so any contact was accidental. Clearly the FA saw it that way as well.
The real issue is we had to play with ten men for a while due to a poor decision from an official.
Nobody will ever know if the result would be different had he stayed on and personally I don't think we deserved anything anyway as we lacked any sort of desire to compete.

The positive is we will have him to play against Norwich in the cup and he likes to score in that competition. as Norwich have gave us sod all tickets for this it would be poetic justice if he could effect the result.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmmm, strange one I think.

If it's not for the tackle then it's for something the lino saw/heard. So the lino has changed his mind has he? If so, why? Surely he saw what he saw and he heard what he heard. YOu can't un-see or un-hear things.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He was sent off for kicking your players head. I personally think he was purely walking away and was pissed off so not looking where he was stepping so any contact was accidental. Clearly the FA saw it that way as well.
The real issue is we had to play with ten men for a while due to a poor decision from an official.
Nobody will ever know if the result would be different had he stayed on and personally I don't think we deserved anything anyway as we lacked any sort of desire to compete.

The positive is we will have him to play against Norwich in the cup and he likes to score in that competition. as Norwich have gave us sod all tickets for this it would be poetic justice if he could effect the result.

Well good luck in the Cup, Norwich are certainly not turning into our favourite club after poaching some of our best players at bargain basement prices.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe we should have appealed Navs red card too , could have been downgraded to a yellow.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Loads of Leicester fans on Twitter complaining that it cost them 3 points. They could argue one point maybe, but three is a bit rich considering it was nil nil when he went off.

I never quite understand how people can claim that the result was a forgone conclusion had someone not been sent off. Changes the demographics of the game, sure, but no one can be 100% certain of the outcome had Beckford been given a yellow (or nothing) instead of a red.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Hope you beat Norwich. The Beckford sending off did look soft.

However, it is a shame the FA couldn't act against Drinkwater for his lashing out at AeA in the first half, which seemed to go unnoticed by the officials. Perhaps it should work both ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here