Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford !

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Cannot get in a struggling Everton side and may want a move back South.Would be a great signing for us and provide something different to what we have and the 'presence' that Gus has mentioned.These sort of players are on our radar now and i`m loving it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ignoring how ridiculous the rest of the suggestion is - what do you mean move back south? He's played for Everton, Leeds, Scunthorpe and Carlise!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yep. We have no history of signing, say, a striker who is out of our league, quite expensive an likely to go to a Prem club if he does go. Oh, except CMS.

Although unrealistic, I find it hard to completely rule it out.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think Poyet and Bloom think bigger then 99% of fans and if they are looking for the final piece of the jigsaw and with us in such a strong position, there could be a real Wow! signing, Beckford although a good player would not be top of my list, Simon Cox, Simeon Jackson, Sam Vokes, Jordan Rhodes and Martyn Waghorn would be ahead of him in the queue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Poyet and Bloom think bigger then 99% of fans and if they are looking for the final piece of the jigsaw and with us in such a strong position, there could be a real Wow! signing, Beckford although a good player would not be top of my list, Simon Cox, Simeon Jackson, Sam Vokes, Jordan Rhodes and Martyn Waghorn would be ahead of him in the queue.

I would put Beckford above all of those as Championship striker.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can't see why he wouldnt sign for us if he is willing to drop leagues and take a cut in pay. He played under Poyet and Wise at Leeds and this could be a factor if we decide to make an offer for him.

But just regarding some of the "out of our league" comments...I think some of you are suffering from small club syndrome and god forbid we get promotion this season as there will be no one we'll be able to afford!

I think CMS, Harley and Buckley are proof that we have the financial muscle to attract good top quality players.

No one on this board knows how much we have to spend and I doubt we'll ever know as Bloom, being a poker player, keeps his cards to his chest until the last minute and has constantly surprised us however I do think it's probably considerably more than what many of us can think and so for this reason, I can see no reason why Beckford would not be an option for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here