Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat the meat?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The last year or so I've found the enjoyment of eating meat waining, I've always hated meat on the bone as for me it's too close to it's source (ie an animal) but lately I even find the taste of meat even turns my stomach and I'm seriously thinking about going veggie but I worry about
A- health (meat is meant to be part of a balanced diet)
B- A hassle for my wife, family and friends cooking for me.
Has anyone else turned veggie, or could you not live without chomping on meat? oooo errrr

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 111

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I wouldn't worry about your health, a vegetarian diet is far healthier. Just make sure you get your omega oils & vitamin B12 and you'll do well. If you love Marmite, it's a great source for the latter.

That's good, I bloody love Marmite much to most people distain. Apart from cod and chips from the chippie I don't even like fish that much so my field is even smaller.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
My wife is a lifelong veggie but I'm not.

Can easily see the merits of the diet tho. Sometimes makes eating out a bit tough but otherwise go for it mate.

I've got plenty of good veggie recipes I cook for my wife and I if you want some. PM me.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
If animals aren't meant to be eaten, why are they made out of meat? Although I love vegetables (except celery), I couldn't imagine a life without meat. A nice steak can't be beaten, except perhaps by a juicy pork chop or of course some nice fresh bacon. Each to their own I say.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
If animals aren't meant to be eaten, why are they made out of meat? Although I love vegetables (except celery), I couldn't imagine a life without meat. A nice steak can't be beaten, except perhaps by a juicy pork chop or of course some nice fresh bacon. Each to their own I say.

I'm with you on the celery front, bloody hate the stuff and you can add cucumber to that as well. But that's about it on the vegetable front with the things I dislike where as recently I'm disliking more and more meat products. The only things I would miss if I did "TURN" are a bacon sandwich. a nice juicy burger when I'm having a few pints down the boozer and sausages but I rarely have these things anyway.
To be honest, the thing that Is holding me back is the hastle for my wife and others cooking for me.

EDIT:- Oh! and the shit I'd get from my mates as well for being a "veggie poof" :)

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If you aren't doing it for ethical reasons or health reasons, what's the problem with being primarily veggie with the occasional burger, bacon or sausage. After all, just because my fave pie at the Albion is a veggie pie, doesn't mean I can't eat meat.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Exactly. If meat wasn't meant to be eaten why is so much of it delicious?

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
Why do you need to label yourself? Just eat what you want, the biggest pain when cooking for veggies is having to cook food separately because they generally don't want meat juices to touch their food. If you are not a veggie that doesn't eat meat but still fancy bacon sarnie now and again wheres the problem?

The last year or so I've found the enjoyment of eating meat waining, I've always hated meat on the bone as for me it's too close to it's source (ie an animal) but lately I even find the taste of meat even turns my stomach and I'm seriously thinking about going veggie but I worry about
A- health (meat is meant to be part of a balanced diet)
B- A hassle for my wife, family and friends cooking for me.
Has anyone else turned veggie, or could you not live without chomping on meat? oooo errrr

WAS VEGGIE FROM 1985-2009 ALTHOUGH I DO EAT MEAT I WILL STILL CHOOSE VEGGIE OPTION MORE OFTEN THAN MEAT CHOICES,WIFE STILL VEGGIE,IN THIS DAY AND AGE ITS NOT A PROBLEM GO FOR IT:thumbsup:

Camicus

Same I'm an ex veggie I still don't eat Pork(Pigs are as intelligent as dogs) Lamb (Sheep are cute) Chicken (Unless its free range) I do eat beef from time to time. I don't ever eat fish as for me its an entirely unethical form of food production and the damage it does to the oceans.

Veggie grub is awesome if done right trouble is you can sound like a complete arsehole explaining it to people see above :D. If your not doing it for ethical ground then do as so many others do live veggie and slip when you want

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been a veggie for a good 20 years now. I saw a 'field to plate' TV show, decided that process didn't have to happen for me to be able to eat and stopped there and then. I'm not a preachy veggie though, and happily cook meat for guests - including bacon sarnies for breakfast.

As I'm veggie due to ethics, of sorts, I have no issue with meat substitutes, so a lot of Quorn is consumed. I did a mighty fine chilli last night for example.

Eating out is rarely an issue - even the very best Michelin-starred restaurants now tend to have a veggie tasting menu sitting alongside their meat options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here