Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"beat" or "beaten"

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
of course time for REPTON
repton.gif

repton2.gif

WOW...Wizadore, blimey they are all coming back to me now!
wizadore.gif

last one, Zalaga
zalaga.gif

I remember Castle Quest and Commando. CQ was cool - I remember something to do with buckets of water and the witch. Do you remember the bit where you could sowrd-fight with those guards? That rocked :)

Two for the kids here, ....do you remember Granny's Garden and Dragon World?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This thread has brought me to the brink of tears. Its like I'm 13 years old again, and computer games are all new and exciting.
That picture of Elite just did for me. The long nights I spent on that, trading minerals and (gulp) narcotics between planets, and dodging those pesky police in their Vipers. *sigh* ...A few faves of mine on the dear old Speccy.

Spy Hunter
Way of the Exploding Fist
Knight Lore
The Great Escape
Cyclone
Skool Daze

....such marvellous scenes.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
This thread has turned out a bit different from what I was expecting. Not complaining though - Repton was brilliant.

To return briefly to the issue of pundit speak (e.g. beat meaning beaten), has anyone noticed that no defender ever backs off only once? They're always "backing off and backing off", especially if Andy Gray's anywhere near the microphone. Or Big Ron for that matter. Or Hansen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah the water bit and the sword fight was class, the early games had to have proper gameplay as the graphics we're crap...but amazing back in the day!

Beachy Head was class too, shooting all the planes and very rarely winning that bit so you'd get to stage 2 with the jeep....great stuff!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Rambo said:
Anyone remember Dare Devil Dennis?
Class.

:clap2: aaaahhhhh memoriesssss...like the colours of my mind!

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Sorry to go on topic again, but Pundit speak really does annoy me.. beat or beaten??

Its obvious isn't it...

"I'm going to beat you like a chipperfield monkey"

"I was beaten like a ginger haired step-child"

see

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Sussex on Leith said:
To return briefly to the issue of pundit speak (e.g. beat meaning beaten), has anyone noticed that no defender ever backs off only once? They're always "backing off and backing off", especially if Andy Gray's anywhere near the microphone. Or Big Ron for that matter. Or Hansen.

If it is happening over a period of time then it would be "backing" off.
What annoys me is "we was" (take note Curbishley, Cascarino and Hoddle, to name but three).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mr C said:

Two for the kids here, ....do you remember Granny's Garden and Dragon World?
grannys garden ...blimey 4 disks weren't it , use to play it at junior school when i was naughty , those were the days !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
dunno , they stuck me in the computer room as it was the only place i wouldn't disrupt the class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here