Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bears have signed Rodman for 1 game

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
My God, how much will he get for that game i wonder? seems a bit odd to get somneone in for 1 match, hardly going to turn the season round is it. Should be interestning to watch though. Do you think you will go?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So a poxy basketball team that plays in front of a handful of slightly odd people can afford to pay £25,000 to sign a player for ONE GAME, yet the Albion are struggling to pay for ANY new players this season to help keep us in this division.

I must be following the wrong sport.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I read that it wasn't even for a full game. £25k for 15 mins was what I read...

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Think that may have been suggested before he went into big brither with a different club, Sheffield maybe?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
culvers said:
Think that may have been suggested before he went into big brither with a different club, Sheffield maybe?

It was. Sheffield said that for that money, they'd want him to play for the rest of the season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
So a poxy basketball team that plays in front of a handful of slightly odd people can afford to pay £25,000 to sign a player for ONE GAME, yet the Albion are struggling to pay for ANY new players this season to help keep us in this division.

I must be following the wrong sport.

I would imagine they have looked into the revenue that can be raised from this.

Sell out game
TV coverage?
Sponsorship?
Merchandise?

I would have thought he'd generate enough interest to claw back more than £25k.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lord Bracknell said:
Blimey!

At £120,000 a week, Rio Ferdinand is only getting £178.57 for fifteen minutes.

Yeah, but for the extra money, the Bears get someone who can remember to piss in a bottle when he's asked to.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gritt23 said:
Yeah, but for the extra money, the Bears get someone who can remember to piss in a bottle when he's asked to.

:lolol:

BTW, does anyone know how many people go to Bears games normally? And what the capacity is?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
culvers said:
My God, how much will he get for that game i wonder? seems a bit odd to get somneone in for 1 match, hardly going to turn the season round is it. Should be interestning to watch though. Do you think you will go?

The people who will turn to watch Rodman play his one game for The Bears probably don't even know he's an ex-basketball hotshot. The same people would probably have turned out to watch George Galloway play. Either way, the score will still be 96-92. And it'll still be shit.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tom Hark said:
The people who will turn to watch Rodman play his one game for The Bears probably don't even know he's an ex-basketball hotshot.

Many people here don't appreciate what a megastar he was/is in the States and to see him turn out in some glorified village hall in Burgess Hill in front of 1,000-odd people is a truly surreal thing. Why a multimillionaire of his calibre went on CBB in the first place is a mystery, after all it's not as though he would care about having a public profile over here, he doesn't need the money in the same way that he doesn't need the small sum (in his world) of 20k for the Bears game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Lets hope its a two game deal, Bears are playing at the Brighton centre on Thursday night and that could be a real money spinner if he is still playing, he'd better be I'm going to the game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm a bit confused now: I thought they played at the Brighton Centre.

Where's the Triangle?

(not that I'm interested in going I hasten to add, as THPP points out, it will still be shit whoever's playing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here