Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beamback at the Amex

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Due to work commitments I was unable to make either the game at Palace or the Amex. Apart from the blindingly obvious
( early sending off, pens and the result ) could anyone give feedback as to whether it was worth going to the Amex. What was the pre match atomsphere like? Was there a good turn out? Was the price reasonable? and would you go back to the Amex if they done a beamback game again? Sorry if ' Fixtures ' did look but could not see another thread. Cheers.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Due to work commitments I was unable to make either the game at Palace or the Amex. Apart from the blindingly obvious
( early sending off, pens and the result ) could anyone give feedback as to whether it was worth going to the Amex. What was the pre match atomsphere like? Was there a good turn out? Was the price reasonable? and would you go back to the Amex if they done a beamback game again? Sorry if ' Fixtures ' did look but could not see another thread. Cheers.

Was wondering this too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apart from the football, it was good. I was in the East stand brasserie. Got there early, bagged a table in front of one of the tellys, and wiled away the afternoon with the West Ham game, then watching us not bothering to turn up at Selhurst.

They had a giant screen set up in the restaurant bit overlooking the pitch with loads of chairs set up cinema-style in front of it, but I preferred having a table. Wouldn't say there was an "atmosphere" as such, just people milling about, same as a pre-match really.

I left mightily relieved I didn't bother making the trip. It was bad enough on TV, at least I didn't have a crap evening as well.

Jan 21, 2012
Pie, mash and mushy peas were good. The football was shit! Enough people there for the club to do it again one day i think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from the football, it was good. I was in the East stand brasserie. Got there early, bagged a table in front of one of the tellys, and wiled away the afternoon with the West Ham game, then watching us not bothering to turn up at Selhurst.

They had a giant screen set up in the restaurant bit overlooking the pitch with loads of chairs set up cinema-style in front of it, but I preferred having a table. Wouldn't say there was an "atmosphere" as such, just people milling about, same as a pre-match really.

I left mightily relieved I didn't bother making the trip. It was bad enough on TV, at least I didn't have a crap evening as well.
How would it have been for jnr Stat, aged a young 8.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Absolutely fine. There were plenty of kids there.

I expected it to be more crowded and raucous tbh, but as I say, it was just like a normal pre-matchday in there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Dunk changed everything. Well done him.

No team would surive 85 minutes away at a rivals a man down, and get a result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely fine. There were plenty of kids there.

I expected it to be more crowded and raucous tbh, but as I say, it was just like a normal pre-matchday in there.
Well if that game didn't didn't bring out the worst, nothing will.
Me and jnr may well pop along next time, he was a pain in the arse watching it with me, on the sofa.

A good few youngster there,if you arrived early you could bag a table and seats so fine for kids,capacity was just right any more and it would impact on the comfort,would not say it was a great atmosphere but then we lost badly,by the way this was in dicks bar,only two bad points the bar tender didn't know how to put cash on smart card but another member of staff sorted this quickly,seats were laid out in a strange formation with huge gaps in front of them where it would have impacted if you had stood.The whole set up 7/10:moo:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well if that game didn't didn't bring out the worst, nothing will.
Me and jnr may well pop along next time, he was a pain in the arse watching it with me, on the sofa.

Some dads brought a kid/kids along, who pretty much sat nicely next to them and watched the game. Made a refreshing change from tripping over the little herberts fighting on the concourse floor as they wait for their dads to finish their post-match beers on matchdays.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Busy and good pre=match atmosphere at the downstairs sports bar at the Blue Lagoon which was £12 cheaper. Had radio commentary (almost) synced, how was the commentary on the Amex feed?

PG

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
A good few youngster there,if you arrived early you could bag a table and seats so fine for kids,capacity was just right any more and it would impact on the comfort,would not say it was a great atmosphere but then we lost badly,by the way this was in dicks bar,only two bad points the bar tender didn't know how to put cash on smart card but another member of staff sorted this quickly,seats were laid out in a strange formation with huge gaps in front of them where it would have impacted if you had stood.The whole set up 7/10:moo:

80 minutes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some dads brought a kid/kids along, who pretty much sat nicely next to them and watched the game. Made a refreshing change from tripping over the little herberts fighting on the concourse floor as they wait for their dads to finish their post-match beers on matchdays.
Jnr is pretty good he loves the match day experience.

Gets his pie and eclectic happy meal.
Wanders off to the screen to watch the end of the TV game, swilling his Fruit Shoot.
Toilet, sweet shop, seats, fanzone.

As said he's a young'un but I reckon he could handle a match on his own!

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
Was it well attended? ours was on the concourse yours look like it was in the posher bars, I think we has 1200 at our beamback as was treated as being at a game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Annoyingly even handed.

At least you didn't get the commentator on Al Jazeera trying his best to brown-tongue Zaha and Bolasie.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was in the east and very nice to be in a 'posh' part of the ground.

It's fair to say that I had more fun watching the grass grow in that you could look out onto the hallowed turf under those gree lights. Also looked like a good party going on in the West Stand lounges.

Reckon the club must have made on this and must be prospects for future games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here