Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC South Sports presenter..... thick or what ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just heard this from the unknown carrot cruncher presenting the South's Sports news.....

"Hampshire’s Kevin Pieterson will be trying to hang on to the urn which he helped win in 2005 “

So was the 5-0 thrashing in Australia just a Bobby Ewing style collective bad dream ? .... or do the people feeding the autocue not know their job either ?:shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reporters often strike me as being thick as pigshit.
Watching the news on Saturday, a sergeant was holding a press conference outside that block of flats that caught fire in south London. One woman asked: "Is it a listed building ?"

:wozza:

Its a 60's tower block love.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Reporters often strike me as being thick as pigshit.
Watching the news on Saturday, a sergeant was holding a press conference outside that block of flats that caught fire in south London. One woman asked: "Is it a listed building ?"

:wozza:

Its a 60's tower block love.

Some of the residents called for it to be torn down, but WERE told it was a listed building. Possibly because it was one of the earliest 60s tower blocks?

This is a Grade II listed building, found in Harlow.

2982341192_b7c876f8ee.jpg

There are plenty of other examples of disgraceful buildings that are protected. The Darcy Building, Oxford Brookes University, is listed and an absolute sham of a building. I spent much of my degree in that building and we were warned to look out for damage to the structure and potential asbestos leaks. Thankfully, most of us were studying surveying, so knew a thing or two....eventually.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some of the residents called for it to be torn down, but WERE told it was a listed building. Possibly because it was one of the earliest 60s tower blocks?

This is a Grade II listed building, found in Harlow.

2982341192_b7c876f8ee.jpg

There are plenty of other examples of disgraceful buildings that are protected. The Darcy Building, Oxford Brookes University, is listed and an absolute sham of a building. I spent much of my degree in that building and we were warned to look out for damage to the structure and potential asbestos leaks. Thankfully, most of us were studying surveying, so knew a thing or two....eventually.

You are meandering BOF, get back to Mountain stage and address the issue of the post :wozza:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah, but it was relevant to the issue in hand. Mr Easy 10 was claiming that the reporter was 'idiotic' for asking that question, but evidence at hand (which I supplied) would suggest she had a point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At that point the Judge would have directed the interlocutor or respondant to return to topic to avoid fogging the issue and confusing the case for the jury.:jester:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apology accepted. :jester:

In your haste you seem to have mislaid a question mark at the end of your post, however, your apology is accepted.

Now, can you explain how the " Free Rice " game reaches it's conclusion ? I was at it for some time and I had to abandon the game after quite some time as I almost died of starvation.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In your haste you seem to have mislaid a question mark at the end of your post, however, your apology is accepted.

Now, can you explain how the " Free Rice " game reaches it's conclusion ? I was at it for some time and I had to abandon the game after quite some time as I almost died of starvation.

:lolol: All for a good cause. 'tis quite addictive and I have no idea when the thing ceases to be. The sponsors will get tired soon, I would imagine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well. :dunce:
New to me that a 60's tower block could be a "listed building". Crikey, any old crap eh.
The bloke answering the question was almost rolling his eyes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol: All for a good cause. 'tis quite addictive and I have no idea when the thing ceases to be. The sponsors will get tired soon, I would imagine.

I was forced to eat a packet of noodles which almost equalled the amount of rice " won", this in combination with my extensive carbon footprint via a, computer time and b, a Russian oligarchs overpriced gas, probably rendered my charitable contribution redundant or at best, negligble.:dunce:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You are making them fitter and healthier for the long (illegal) march to our shores. Where else are you going to get some aftershave from, if you are about to seal the deal with a hottie in a nightclub, but worried about your personal odour.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Another bizarrely protected structure.

The "MTV" building in Hawley Crescent Camden, I worked on the other side of the road for years.

I say MTV building, because on a second look you might be able to tell who the previous occupants were, their identity only allowed to be partially obscured.

55578287_1faffda4c9.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here