Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bbc Scr

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Wondering if anyone can help here... I'm presently trying to apply for a job at SCR in Guildford, and to do so actually listening to the Surrey Breakfast show would be a good idea. Unfortunately my radio doesn't pick up the signal from the middle of Mid Sussex and iPlayer seems to only let me listen to the Sussex stuff. Does anyone know a way round this?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just force your radio to tune into the Surrey frequencies, 104.0 and 104.6 I think. Might be a bit crackly but you'll be able to hear it.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Just force your radio to tune into the Surrey frequencies, 104.0 and 104.6 I think. Might be a bit crackly but you'll be able to hear it.

Tried that, I can't. Having dug a bit further they say it's not actually available online, so it might well be a case of jumping in the car!

Tried that, I can't. Having dug a bit further they say it's not actually available online, so it might well be a case of jumping in the car!

If you have an iPod and the radio add-on you should be able to get it. I live in Guildford (warning-you do NOT want to listen to the dross they spew out) and for Albion games that I don't go to I listen in to SCR's Sussex broadcast on my iPod radio so I can listen to the game. Might work in reverse for you...

Also, why not listen on-line? I think their 'listen now' thing only features the Surrey broadcast. Probably wrong on that but that's how it was a while ago.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Thanks for all your help guys, SCR say you can't get it online so they send out a CD with some of the relevant show on it for people who can't listen. Although I may well head over the border to Surrey to do some myself anyway.

Also, Nemesis - I take your point but they pay a lot more money than any other radio station round here!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
When I used to apply for jobs at local radio stations, (in the days before streaming on the internet, me laddo!) I used to have to set off early in the morning so I could listen to their breakfast shows.

Was on the way to Guildford once when I had to emergency stop in front of a turning car. Clutch cable snapped, 400 quid bill, and I was three hours late for the interview. Didn't get the job either.

When I used to apply for jobs at local radio stations, (in the days before streaming on the internet, me laddo!) I used to have to set off early in the morning so I could listen to their breakfast shows.

Was on the way to Guildford once when I had to emergency stop in front of a turning car. Clutch cable snapped, 400 quid bill, and I was three hours late for the interview. Didn't get the job either.

THAT'S why you ended up on Blackpool radio......:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here