Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC SCR interviews David Gold re Brighton Takeover

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Nothing reall new in what he said but curious as to why in the afternoon show they decided to interview Gold today re his possible intrest in The Albion. Did not hear whole thing but Gold said when he sells up in the Midlands he will invest in a south coast club and how much he admires Brighton, Dick Knight and the board plus the fans. He said Brighton has the potential to be a premiership club.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
could'nt find one with the £ symbol but you now what I mean!

YellowMoneyEyes.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't think of a more perfect candidate. Proven track record of responsible and hefty investment, good motives, lots of dosh, and hates Simon Jordan. Ticks all the boxes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
would we also have to accept/employ Karen Brady she is actually OK it his her father who is from the Terry Venables school of honesty and ethics allegedly.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
would we also have to accept/employ Karen Brady she is actually OK it his her father who is from the Terry Venables school of honesty and ethics allegedly.

Met him (Brady snr) a couple of years ago. Seemed like a dodgy character.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I promise you Karen isn't far behind.:cool:

Spoke to an associate of the Golds today - he said nothing has been mentioned and there is still no deadline for pulling out of Birmingham City - nor is it clear that they will. Yeung may not offer to buy them out completely and it is by no means certain that they would offer all of their shares. Walking away from the premiership isnt easy or straightforward in a business sense although things should be clearer in the new year

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ideally, things get sorted out quickly and by the end of the season he has invested here. Meanwhile, the team wins League One.

With the increase in funds, we bring in players that help us survive in the championship, and improve again the following seasons to the extent that in our first season at falmer we are in the premiership having won the championship the year before

What? It could happen

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ideally, things get sorted out quickly and by the end of the season he has invested here. Meanwhile, the team wins League One.

With the increase in funds, we bring in players that help us survive in the championship, and improve again the following seasons to the extent that in our first season at falmer we are in the premiership having won the championship the year before

What? It could happen

dont rule anything out

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested that scenario on another thread and was ridiculed. This has always been my hope to start at Falmer in The premiership having been promoted the previous season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a lot of money to be made from Falmer , so the big guns are hovering , waiting to invest in the club so they can be suitably rewarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here