Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 1 Tonight @ 9pm - WICKERD nature programme

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BBC - BBC One Programmes - Lost Land of the Volcano, Episode 1

Check it out, this looks BOOM TING.

Series combining stunning wildlife with high-octane adventure, as a team of scientists and wildlife filmmakers from the BBC's Natural History Unit explores one of the last great unspoilt jungle wildernesses on earth.

New Guinea is a rugged tropical island that is home to some of the strangest creatures on the planet. The team is based at the foot of Mount Bosavi, a giant extinct volcano covered in thick and largely unexplored rainforest. With the help of trackers from a remote tribe they aim to search for the animals that live there - and they make amazing finds.

Wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan discovers the nest of the world's smallest parrot, insect expert Dr George McGavin finds a talking beetle, the scientists identify types of frog, gecko and bat that are completely new to science, and adventurer Steve Backshall has to live and sleep underground as he explores a cave system flooded with white water.

The cameras follow the team every sweaty step of the way as they search for the evidence that may help preserve this last great jungle forever.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
AND on Channel 4 at 8pm it's River Cottage Gone Fishing. Sweet. What an evening's entertainment I have lined up. I might also watch Jamie Oliver on Channel 4 +1.

OOCHAY!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The River Cottage is a repeat though isn't it? very good though. Is the Food Quiz on tonight? that looked good

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm especially looking forward to the talking beetle.

I'm waiting for the Snuffleupagus.

The great thing about finding new creatures is that you can name them yourself, after pretty much whatever you want. Apparently they've found an extremely hairy new species of caterpillar in the same volcano crater that they want to call [insert Latin prefix here] Healeyii, in honour of Dennis Healey's eyebrows :lolol:

In which case I'd name the first small, vicious, bitey little weasel species I found mustela leonknightii

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm waiting for the Snuffleupagus.

The great thing about finding new creatures is that you can name them yourself, after pretty much whatever you want. Apparently they've found an extremely hairy new species of caterpillar in the same volcano crater that they want to call [insert Latin prefix here] Healeyii, in honour of Dennis Healey's eyebrows :lolol:

In which case I'd name the first small, vicious, bitey little weasel species I found mustela leonknightii

Someone's discovered a wierd spider recently and called it David Bowie after his Spiders from Mars stuff

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On John Craven's Newsround (yes it is John f***ing Craven's Newsround, he may be dead, institutionalised or now called Sophie and running a pastry shop in Intercourse, Pensylvannia but it'll always be Johns show!) last night they had the giant rat, which was actually quite cute and was happy to sit on the Oxbridge educated BBC nature man's lap and be stroked because it had never had any contact with humans (Oxbridge toff or otherwise) before or any experience of being hunted.

:mendoza: :p

On John Craven's Newsround (yes it is John f***ing Craven's Newsround, he may be dead, institutionalised or now called Sophie and running a pastry shop in Intercourse, Pensylvannia but it'll always be Johns show!) last night they had the giant rat, which was actually quite cute and was happy to sit on the Oxbridge educated BBC nature man's lap and be stroked because it had never had any contact with humans (Oxbridge toff or otherwise) before or any experience of being hunted.

:mendoza: :p

Then it will be extinct due to mass logging to enable McDonalds to rear beef on prize land.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oohh thanks for the reminder Chappers (Sky+ set!), I thoroughly enjoyed their last outing and this 3 part series will be excellent I'm sure

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Maybe it's because i've had a shit day but i have to say that I was a tad disspointed with the program. That could be down to Philip Glenisters narration though - his voice really annoys me and IMHO is totally wrong for a nature program.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Rubbish. I turned it off after 10 minutes. The narrator was trying to make them all out to be superheroes and the show seemed like an audition; every one of them appeared to be trying to secure their own spin off series.

Bring back Attenborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here