Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBB5 Travel Info Now Available

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/staticFiles/fa/b1/0,,10433~176634,00.pdf

Club website article - Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Parking Available for Fatboy Slim Concerts

£20 to park in Bennetts Field, £10 at the Universties (After 5PM) and £5 for Mill Road P&R

Club advising to use Public Transport - although there is 1 slight problem - Falmer Station is being closed at 10PM on both nights - which is very useful as the concert doesnt finish until 10.30 - any idea why this decision has been taken ? Or is it Southern that decided this ?

Last edited:

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Club advising to use Public Transport - although there is 1 slight problem - Falmer Station is being closed at 10PM on both nights - which is very useful as the concert doesnt finish until 10.30 - any idea why this decision has been taken ? Or is it Southern that decided this ?

Who's bright idea was that? so bus or taxi on the way home it is!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Who's bright idea was that? so bus or taxi on the way home it is!

What i was wondering. Only option i can think of is that Southern are against it because they are worried about people getting very pissed and then causing trouble on the station/on trains and "causing a mess" on them, shall we say. Bit stupid them announcing it now, leaving possibly a lot of people in the shit with getting there.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
That is ridiculous. Surely it wouldn't be a decision by southern rail because they would get a lot of revenue from the event.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What a shambles! How are people expected to get home!? I assume only a normal bus service will be provided!?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Added the link to the club website article - just says a bus service between City Centre and Amex before and after the concert every 6 minutes.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
read the leaflet, jumping to conclusions beforehand seems to be the best idea, it states concert buses will be provided as well, but like you said thats only every six minutes. I think I will be looking to walk into town then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
National rail says trains are operating, so it may be a bit like Lewes bonfire where they're telling people they're not in order to get them there early or make them find another route.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
read the leaflet, jumping to conclusions beforehand seems to be the best idea, it states concert buses will be provided as well, but like you said thats only every six minutes. I think I will be looking to walk into town then.

I did read the leaflet, but missed off on the top post about the buses. But theres only so much that can do for people who are travelling to say Haywards Heath, Lewes or Eastbourne for example, who will now need to queue for a bus into Brighton, and will then need to queue again for a train to wherever.

Its a lot less people for this than your normal football match, so what is the problem ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
British Transport Police are the ones that wanted Falmer train station closed. Madness

I can see why they may of wanted it closed - possibility of a lot more drunken people who havent used the station before - which would need additional policing and the costs werent met. Club should of made an explanation on the website and leaflet though.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Yes, because we've all seen how many people buy tickets between Falmer and Brighton for large events.

But you do have to pay to get from Brighton or Lewes to Falmer and most people would buy a return ticket.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
And how many on here boast about not paying to go to the games ?

But think about how many people do pay. Every time I have gone to a game I have queued for train tickets at Lewes and there has always been a man standing at those gate things on the way to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here