Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bates Letter to Football League

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dear FL,

I apolgise for being a C*NT and causing such chaos within FL Towers. Please feel free to deem me unsuitable to chair any further football teams.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr K. Bates C.U.Nt, W.N.K.R, F.Ck.W.I.T

Or am I just dreaming??

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I do feel sorry for them. They had Peter Reid as manager for a season didn't they? :dunce:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
56630.jpg

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Im really quite bored with this story now. I cant many clubs asking for the league to reduce the points deduction due to how Leeds have acted recently, I certainly cant see any voting in our league as the -15 is too much of an advantage to turn down

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i posted this earlier, i have hand delivered letters to several clubs with reference to tommorrows vote. managed to get face to face with one chairman and two club secretary who have some interesting viewpoints on the situation and are keen to hear each side of the coin tomorrow.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Im really quite bored with this story now. I cant many clubs asking for the league to reduce the points deduction due to how Leeds have acted recently, I certainly cant see any voting in our league as the -15 is too much of an advantage to turn down
some are concerned about their own well being and finances and if minus 25 is the precedent from now. they are wanting some strong clarification from mawhinney tomorrow.

will be an interesting meeting.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Absolutely. League 1 is not like the Premiership where everyone is pretty sure where they will finish. Half the chairman in our league will see it as a promotion candidate out of the way and the other half will see it as possibly a relegation place filled. League 2 chairman will all want Leeds down there for the pay day.

Its not like the life Bates is used to where Chairman will rationally think through it while they snap up Countries with their small change. Welcome to the real world where Chairman have to put profits before anything else.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
i posted this earlier, i have hand delivered letters to several clubs with reference to tommorrows vote. managed to get face to face with one chairman and two club secretary who have some interesting viewpoints on the situation and are keen to hear each side of the coin tomorrow.

I would have been rather surprised if a chairman/secretary had turned round and fired of his true feelings.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh and by the way, I pay my taxes, my club had to pay their taxes and everyone in my family pays their taxes. WHY should you get away with it Mr Bates?

This is the first time in my life that I've been in support of the Revenue

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I would have been rather surprised if a chairman/secretary had turned round and fired of his true feelings.

never believe anything a chairman of any company tells you. but true or not there will be some interesting discussions tomorrow.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,ve only read page 1 so far.....unbelievable arrogance.With regard to the obscene abuse of the 10 point penalty last year... "the Leeds supporters would have been rightly appalled if we had been relegated, then had the penalty appied for the 2007/2008 season".
Oh..shame...........poor supporters, who have been watching million pound players earning far above other teams in the division and paying for them with our money (HMRC).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, after all the critisim on here over the past few weeks of poor Mr Bates it turns out it's not his fault and he isn't a coniving cheating money grabbing chairman after all.

He's been missunderstood and it's all soooo unfair. I really hope he gets his 15 points back, and while they're at it they should give him back the 10 points he "lost" last season. Then he can start the new season on +10, much fairer to all the rest of us, after all, Leeds should be beating all teams like us next season.

I can't beleive that I jumped on the bandwagon that thought he was so bad.

:shutup::tosser: He should be :ban: from ever having anything to do with football again, by FIFA, not just the little old FA

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think we should give them their 15 points back,and maybe let them have an additional 10 points for all the stress they,ve had to endure.
We should also send £500 each, so they can buy any decent player they want.
In fact why not every club give them one of our best players and pay his wages too.
You have to remember, this is a terrible shock to Leeds united to have to play with scum like us in League 1.
One of their posters on "waccoe" didn,t even realise that league 1 has 4 relegation places...!
If you go on their boards, a more selfish, ungrateful bunch of supporters you are unlikely to meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here