Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas Savage to Gillingham

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gfc online are reporting that Savage is due to go back to Gillingham before Fridays deadline.Also on newsnow

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

He entertains me. It would be a huge loss in the entertainment factor if he was to go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a small fee perhaps?

Have to say I rate Elder the better prospect and if we sign O'Callaghan it's hard to see a role for Bas that will allow him to show us the moonwalk again

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Typical if true - the only one of our strikers who causes the opposition some problems and we sell him.

I despair of this club sometimes.

:angry:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hmmm... does that mean we are now confident of Elder making the grade or that we've got another forward coming in? If neither it makes us short again up front

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hope not.We need a big lump up front and i do like him.He puts in alot of effort :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bas must stay - great entertainer if anything else

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hmmm... does that mean we are now confident of Elder making the grade or that we've got another forward coming in? If neither it makes us short again up front
well we've got Jake (ok a winger but can still do a job upfront) Alex , Nathan , Nicky and although i'm SURE i'll get shot down in flames for this - Joe Gatting from the form i've seen over pre-season actually has the look of a pure footballer , scored a few good goals aswell - i'm CERTAIN he can do a job :thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
well we've got Jake (ok a winger but can still do a job upfront) Alex , Nathan , Nicky and although i'm SURE i'll get shot down in flames for this - Joe Gatting from the form i've seen over pre-season actually has the look of a pure footballer , scored a few good goals aswell - i'm CERTAIN he can do a job :thumbsup:

Two of those at best can do a job in this league at the present time. Robinson is too lightweight, Elder isn't ready and neither is Gatting. Leaves us with Forster and Revell. We still need another striker of real quality.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is this the same Gillingham that turfed him out eight months ago, unprepared to offer him a decent salary or contract? ???

Exactly. He left as a free agent and came to us because we offered a longer contract than they did.
Fans talk, I reckon, and nothing more.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Exactly. He left as a free agent and came to us because we offered a longer contract than they did.
Fans talk, I reckon, and nothing more.

A contract that runs out in about four months. They were keen to keep him and I would imagine, keen to re-sign him as they may now value his worth.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I hope this is wrong, I think he still offers us something ..... goals!

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
No No and thrice No he brought a spark to an otherwise dull home game against Northampton and must stay.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A contract that runs out in about four months. They were keen to keep him and I would imagine, keen to re-sign him as they may now value his worth.

But why would he go back? If they offer him something then we can also meet that surely? He played well when he came on against Northampton, contributed a good deal towards beating QPR in the reserve game and earned himself a first team start.
Coupled with the Argus article this evening, it doesn't look much like a player about to walk out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here