Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Savage

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thought he did alright yesterday. Never looked like scoring but showed a decent touch and a willingness to run at players.

Did laugh when a bloke near me shouted 'For God sake Savage jump, your 6'3 not 3'6'. But surely that means theres less reason for him to jump.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Les Biehn said:
Thought he did alright yesterday. Never looked like scoring but showed a decent touch and a willingness to run at players.

Did laugh when a bloke near me shouted 'For God sake Savage jump, your 6'3 not 3'6'. But surely that means theres less reason for him to jump.
I never saw him win anything in the air, against a bloke a lot shorter.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He was fcuking rubbish........! if thats the answer to are striker problems then were really f***ed!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
byf said:
He was fcuking rubbish........! if thats the answer to are striker problems then were really f***ed!

Is that a technical term?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:

Thats just blatently not true. He wasn't great, his movement and work rate could be improved but his touch was decent, he linked play reasonably well, was willing to run at players and put himself about a bit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Adriodinho said:
Thought his real name is Basr

Jesus, it's SAVAGE. Barry Savage not Barry Basir or Barry Basr.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't his middle name Mohammed? :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I agree, Lesley. Not about the name though. He is obviously called Barrington Branwell Savage.

It is going to take a while for him to get used to his team mates' movement etc. I don't know where people got this...'he didn't win a thing in the air' from. I thought there was some promise there and he stated that he was looking forward to working with Deano and adapting his game. He was busy, upset a few defenders with his size.

Why is it that a football fan is so quick to write off tall strikers!? Look at the reactions of the England fans, when Peter Crouch was introduced to the international fold.

It is not just about goals, but offering something different and harrassing the oppisite defence.

You do not survive for so long in professional football, if you are useles.

NB I am not saying we have a Peter Crouch on our hands.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You've spoken a lot of sense today BOF, are you sure you're on the right messageboard? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here