Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Hayles

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We are one of 3 teams currently in discussion with Barry Hayles, along with QPR and Luton. Hayles has been frozen out falling out with Colin Lee, despite their need for goals (sound familiar?).

They will be offloading him in January, as a replacement has apparently been lined up.

Could that replacement be Leon Knight, and we get Barry Hayles in a swap deal?

Personally, i'd be pretty pleased with that, as unlike our other strikers, Hayles has a proven goalscoring record at this level and higher. Ok, so he's not young, it's not a deal for the long term, but Leon isn't here for the long-term either, so it sounds like a good deal to me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Get him now.

Proven striker TRIED and TESTED and unlike Big Mac can actually SCORE goals

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
_wilka_ said:
QPR and Luton..... oh well

Why do you say that?

Luton's ground and facilities are are poor as withdeans!

Even QPR have a very limited set up by today's standards. Neither of them has a brand new 23,000 stadium in the pipeline...

Neither of them have a striker to bargin with either. If this is the case I'd be quietly confident. I think Hayles is exactely to sort of player we need. The likes of Robinson and Richards could learn a lot from him. Hopefully banging in a few on the way!

Great news (if there is any substance to it)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Lammy said:
Why do you say that?

Even QPR have a very limited set up by today's standards. Neither of them has a brand new 23,000 stadium in the pipeline...

Neither of them have a striker to bargin with either. If this is the case I'd be quietly confident. I think Hayles is exactely to sort of player we need. The likes of Robinson and Richards could learn a lot from him. Hopefully banging in a few on the way!

Yeah but both of those sides are very likely to be in the Championship next season where as signing for us would be a gamble for him. I hope it's true but if I was in his position QPR would probably be the best option.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Lammy said:
Why do you say that?

What would be the chances of him still being here by the time we're playing at Falmer??!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
culvers said:
Yeah reckon both QPR and Luton will be more appealing choices than Brighton.

Not necessarily.

We can pretty much guarantee him that he will play in every game from now until the end of the season either as a starter or as a sub. Luton and QPR can't.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
he gets injured to often and reminds me alot of a slightly better Rougier. He is not the man for us

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sadly we can forget it if we are in competition with any other club, shame as he wouldn't have been a bad signing.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here