Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How odd.

We would love to get full highlights but never ever do while I suspect very few Barnsley fans will watch it ???

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
so far this seson 3 games all in full on oposition player none on ours (feeling short changed )

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You can all log onto Barnsley player right, so you can watch it, so no problem?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
You can all log onto Barnsley player right, so you can watch it, so no problem?
we all know that what we are saying is why should we pay money to seagulls player to watch another teams site (should we all pay our money to a site with better content )
)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Ask the club to stop selling match dvds.

...is the correct answer. Why make it available online when you can sell it on DVD for £9.99?

Yes, we realise we can log onto Barnsley player, but there will be plenty of Albion fans (& Seagulls Player subscribers) who don't...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
we all know that what we are saying is why should we pay money to seagulls player to watch another teams site (should we all pay our money to a site with better content )
)

As you have access to all sites, it doesn't really matter which player you subscribe to does it?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
...is the correct answer. Why make it available online when you can sell it on DVD for £9.99?

Yes, we realise we can log onto Barnsley player, but there will be plenty of Albion fans (& Seagulls Player subscribers) who don't...

DVD quality a lot higher. The Cardiff 90 mins was terrible quality.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
DVD quality a lot higher. The Cardiff 90 mins was terrible quality.

So what is the reason?

Looking on the Barnsley Player, it actually says the video is courtesy of our club, so we obviously have the rights/footage to put up, and the servers will obviously allow us to put it up (if it's run by the same people as Barnsley/Cardiff). There must have been a conscious decision by somebody at the club to withhold 90 minutes of footage from us that other clubs choose to upload.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
what makes you think that mate have you heard something

the fact that we're producing the content, and other clubs are starting to provide it, slowly. I'd say the Albion are trying it our for now, and will roll it out soon. just a though, no evidence though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think we need to change whatever team do our content. The Barnsley highlights managed to include more of the game despite being shorter, and their commentators seemed competent. Pretty much the same story every match where I've watched the other sides coverage.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So what is the reason?

Looking on the Barnsley Player, it actually says the video is courtesy of our club, so we obviously have the rights/footage to put up, and the servers will obviously allow us to put it up (if it's run by the same people as Barnsley/Cardiff). There must have been a conscious decision by somebody at the club to withhold 90 minutes of footage from us that other clubs choose to upload.

Insider posted on Ask The Club something along lines of people preffering to watch shorter highlights than the full 90. Additionally, and I'm not an expert on this, but I imagine the poor quality of the 90 mins on other sites is because a better quality would require a much higher file size, would take an age to upload and may be tricky for the person watchings internet connecton to run it seemlessly at a decent quality. I watched a bit of the Cardiff 90 mins and gave up, one because 90 mins is a bit boring, and two because the quality was so rubbish.

It amazes me how critical people are. The set up we have now, with extended highlights and loads of camera angles is bloody brilliant. How many other clubs have such brilliant outside broadcast set ups with multiple camera angles? Not many I'd wager. We should be proud of this, not moaning every week! I think the club do a f***ing fantastic job in this respect and the constant moaning on here just seems so ungrateful. We could only have dreamed of something this good a couple of years ago!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes, I'd rather have shorter but better quality highlights. Is the Barnsley full match the same dreadful quality as Cardiff's? If so, no thanks!

The quality is good and the commentary is Radio Sussex - it includes the "controversial" moments like their right back not being sent off, which our so-called highlights missed completely. All-in-all very good value and worth watching although I probably wouldn't agree if we had lost 5-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here