Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fans

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Will be interesting to see how many we take to Barnsley and the likes later this season. We don't have the best away support in the world, with all the northern away games this season i bet that Barnsley have a better away average than us by the end of the season.

I'll take that bet. Name your price!

Of the 200 odd Barnsley fans I wonder how many actually travelled down from Barnsley?
Southern clubs always benefit from the London effect - we all have supporters clubs based in the capital.
More impressed with a southern club taking similar numbers up north, as they don't have the equivalent.
Less than 300 on a Saturday, bank holiday weekend in August is not good.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
and I think they could tell from the first few minutes they weren't going to get anything from the game...did spot one of them dressed as a banana though!

I passed him on the way out. Not the happiest looking banana I've ever seen.

Of the 200 odd Barnsley fans I wonder how many actually travelled down from Barnsley?
Southern clubs always benefit from the London effect - we all have supporters clubs based in the capital.
More impressed with a southern club taking similar numbers up north, as they don't have the equivalent.
Less than 300 on a Saturday, bank holiday weekend in August is not good.

saw a couple of hove barnsley???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Some people on here are very forgetful, it wasn't long ago when we were taking 250-300 odd to places like Barnsley and Hartlepool on Saturday afternoons (i bet most of you criticising their support now didn't even go to these games) Fair play to the Barnsley fans who made the trip i say.

This.

That said we took about 300 to Turf Moor on a Tuesday night and a similar number to another Tuesday night horror at Tranmere. For my part I thought Barnsley conducted themselves with good humour and stayed till the end...I didn't see them sneaking out!

They got a pants down spanking and took it well.

:clap2:

Attachments

• BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    BARNSLEY 188.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 469

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Respect to their manager Keith HIll, who on the bbc said he was equally responsible for the inept display. .

He was.... even after the first fifteen minutes he still didn't change tactics... he never once pressed Bridcutt when it was patently obvious that he was the link man... Liam will not have an easier game this season..... well maybe the two against them up the road will be similar.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Tyke

May 19, 2012
They'd gone to Cardiff to watch Sussex demolish Yorkshire.

You mean Yorkshire demolish Sussex. ;)

I was there and it wasn't great for us, but it was better than I expected. I thought it would be less than the 198 we took to Ipswich last year.

Were honestly rubbish on the road, the last time we kept a clean sheet away was a year ago yesterday against Millwall, and our last away win was over Lesta in Jan.

The fan that was arrested, got involved in a argument in the box office, or on his way. Two of them were cuffed but one was let go.

We made a good day of it, but the result and been spat on kind of left a damp note on the day. And put many off going to Swansea tonight.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Price is no excuse for this lot. I can see why people would want to boycott Paul Barber's obscene £34 tickets, but any club bringing less than 1,000 can all buy £28 tickets, which is probably only a couple of quid overpriced and not enough to make anybody cancel their plans for an away match. Barnsley's support yesterday was a total disgrace, get them f***ed off to League Two as soon as possible I say.
As on 1st february 2010 you posted this
Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.
I think it's safe to ignore you.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You mean Yorkshire demolish Sussex. ;)

I was there and it wasn't great for us, but it was better than I expected. I thought it would be less than the 198 we took to Ipswich last year.

Were honestly rubbish on the road, the last time we kept a clean sheet away was a year ago yesterday against Millwall, and our last away win was over Lesta in Jan.

The fan that was arrested, got involved in a argument in the box office, or on his way. Two of them were cuffed but one was let go.

We made a good day of it, but the result and been spat on kind of left a damp note on the day. And put many off going to Swansea tonight.

Well done for making the effort. Not sure how it could have been better than you expected though!

Being spat on - really? I find that disgusting and seeing as I have reason to doubt you, can only apologise. Apart from when we play Palace, there is virtually no troble at our games these days.

It's even worse than being called a F***ing poofter/queer and subjected to constant homophobic abuse by one out of every two Barnsley fans when we go there!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Price is no excuse for this lot. I can see why people would want to boycott Paul Barber's obscene £34 tickets, but any club bringing less than 1,000 can all buy £28 tickets, which is probably only a couple of quid overpriced and not enough to make anybody cancel their plans for an away match. Barnsley's support yesterday was a total disgrace, get them f***ed off to League Two as soon as possible I say.

Don't understand why the validity of a club has to be measured on the number of their fans who are willing and able to travel the country on a Saturday. Love that Wigan have survived for years in the Prem with low attendances home and away. People moan about big clubs have plastic arm chair fans, but whine when smaller clubs have actual loyal fans and no plastics that they don't deserve a place in the higher leagues. Uttter rubbish in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here