Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fans

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Was a good few stewards going into a few fans and some stewards also in ESU talking down to the away section. Think a guy got taken out, highlight of his day probably !!

1 was arrested last year too

Well, at least they're consistent.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
No way was there 297 there today. More like 150. Fair play to those that did travel though. True fans.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
297 I believe...felt sorry for them really!

I dont.

For a CHAMPIONSHIP club on a bank holiday weekend they DESERVE to be sent packing with a truly league one away following. f*** them and bring on yorkshires finest with weds and leeds.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Some people on here are very forgetful, it wasn't long ago when we were taking 250-300 odd to places like Barnsley and Hartlepool on Saturday afternoons (i bet most of you criticising their support now didn't even go to these games) Fair play to the Barnsley fans who made the trip i say.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Some people on here are very forgetful, it wasn't long ago when we were taking 250-300 odd to places like Barnsley and Hartlepool on Saturday afternoons (i bet most of you criticising their support now didn't even go to these games) Fair play to the Barnsley fans who made the trip i say.

In the championship ? After having a great start to the season ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
In the championship ? After having a great start to the season ?

Will be interesting to see how many we take to Barnsley and the likes later this season. We don't have the best away support in the world, with all the northern away games this season i bet that Barnsley have a better away average than us by the end of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good turnout considering the expense of going to an away game. If I went to Burnley next week we're talking about £80 for the day (train , ticket and food) and it's not all that far away from Crap Town (90 miles).

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Will be interesting to see how many we take to Barnsley and the likes later this season. We don't have the best away support in the world, with all the northern away games this season i bet that Barnsley have a better away average than us by the end of the season.

What are you talking about ? According to last season's stats we were at least top 6 in the championship for average amount of away fans travelling per game!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

You must be thinking of a different Barnsley, because the team we played today struggles to get around 10k to home games let alone a few hundred to away games, especially down South. No comparison with us over the course of the season. I can't recall exactly but think our poorest by some way was about 200 to Hull on a freezing February night just after a sequence of brilliantly supported away games including 6k Albion fans to Anfield.

I have some sympathy for the Barnsleys of this footie world, they are not the most glamorous club and sit in the shadow of several so called bigger clubs plus I guess there isn't the same affluence in that neck of the woods at the moment so good luck to their few die hard fans who made the effort today.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
"Ay up, Obadiah! Who'd a thought it, that one day we'd be sitting here, in the American Express Community chuffin' Stadium, sitting in fancy blue padded seats, sipping on us pints of Dark Star while munching on a hand-reared Chicken Leek and Gammon Pie from Piglet's chuffin' Pantry....?"

Oh, sorry. That sketch actually needs as many as four Yorkshiremen...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

You silly Sausage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here