Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fans

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What was the figure ? I counted only around 189 in the east stand, couldn't see how many were in the south. Got to be the worst away fans for years .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
297 I believe...felt sorry for them really!

And that was stretching the imagination to say the least, what utter dire away support

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
They must have been the hardcore - yeah felt a bit for them too - travelling that far, spending that money and getting a whalloping like a wet salmon round the face

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
and I think they could tell from the first few minutes they weren't going to get anything from the game...did spot one of them dressed as a banana though!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What was the figure ? I counted only around 189 in the east stand, couldn't see how many were in the south. Got to be the worst away fans for years .

By "worst away fans for years" I really hope you actually mean "the smallest number of away fans for years". People who follow poor teams a long way are generally the salt of the earth.

I'm sure there were one or two games at Withdean where so few away fans bought tickets that they were seated somewhere else. I like to think the club stood them supper before they set off back to Rochdale or wherever: they deserved it.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, felt sorry for them as well. It must be difficult to create an atmosphere with so few in a big stadium and loads of empty seats around them. And their team gave them nothing to cheer about.

in the second half was there a barnsley fan attracting some attention...i could hear one shouting something out...just the one mind

According to PC Balkham on twitter, 1 Barnsley fan was arrested for breach of the peace...not sure which half it was in, so may have been that!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
By "worst away fans for years" I really hope you actually mean "the smallest number of away fans for years". People who follow poor teams a long way are generally the salt of the earth.

I'm sure there were one or two games at Withdean where so few away fans bought tickets that they were seated somewhere else. I like to think the club stood them supper before they set off back to Rochdale or wherever: they deserved it.

Yes in number and in voice, didn't even see them jump up when they won their pen

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Didn't a Barnsley fan on here they usually bring 300-500 down south? The prices are high in fairness.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was a good few stewards going into a few fans and some stewards also in ESU talking down to the away section. Think a guy got taken out, highlight of his day probably !!

1 was arrested last year too

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Probably some overtime going t'up Mill so they stayed in Northland to earn the princely sum of 2s & 6d.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here