Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Wtf was the stamp on the players back all about, people will say it was momentum but looked pretty on purpose to me, he seems to have this silly side about him.

Oh and another goal from open play:cool:

Made me wince when he stamped on the wrexham player, thought he was going to get sent of again ( Should have been), shame about that side to his play as thought he scored a cracking goal just when we needed it. Felt a bit sorry for Wrexham as they outplayed us for most of the game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Did you really think it was on purpose? He wasn't even looking where he was running and the Wrexham player inexplicably fell over in front of him, not his fault.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did you really think it was on purpose? He wasn't even looking where he was running and the Wrexham player inexplicably fell over in front of him, not his fault.

He's done that on more than 1 ocassion, and been sent off for it as well, so he has some 'previous'.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
def looked intentional to me, what a prat, felt totally ashamed that one of our players would do something like that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree, and it happened in front of me but it seems that people look for a stick to beat Barnes.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
True. Think the game could have descended into Boxing before that ref showed a red card though!

You could see by his face after the incident that hedidn't mean it, he turned around straight away, he feared the worst as did most, generally if you stamp on somebody like that and mean it you try to keep your head down and try to look innocent, pure momentum and trying not to fall on the player ended as it did.

The Wrexham player didn't whinge about it as he understood what had happened.

BTW if we are taling about challenges, what about Tooley's 2 footer in extra time!!!!! (got subbed 2 mins later...must have thought he was lucky to get away with it) Just a thought with the latest high profile red cards!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No way was that accidental ... he doesn't need to look he knew precisely where the bloke was ... very surprised he got away with it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You could see by his face after the incident that hedidn't mean it, he turned around straight away, he feared the worst as did most, generally if you stamp on somebody like that and mean it you try to keep your head down and try to look innocent, pure momentum and trying not to fall on the player ended as it did.

The Wrexham player didn't whinge about it as he understood what had happened.

BTW if we are taling about challenges, what about Tooley's 2 footer in extra time!!!!! (got subbed 2 mins later...must have thought he was lucky to get away with it) Just a thought with the latest high profile red cards!!

nice post....ref i thought was good last night

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Oh and well played Barnesy, scored an important goal and great penalty, great cross sparrow to set the goal up, bit more cash in the bank and a high profile game at the Amex.

All the penalties were grerat too, well done under the pressure guys, could have folded but kept their cool and stepped up to the plate.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Agree ... had him going off for that, ref was very leniant

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
nice post....ref i thought was good last night

So did I in general, it's really good to see a ref not want to flash his cards and be the centre of attention all time unlike most of the pillocks who just do it these days to get on tv and be famous for cocking up.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I agree, and it happened in front of me but it seems that people look for a stick to beat Barnes.

Really i done nothing but defend him on here before, been called all the names under the sun for doing it.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Totally agree with the opinion of the ref, he was rather easy going and seemed to be having a very good time last night, you don't like to see people sent off, i think Tooley was just knackered and too slow to get to the ball first, very lucky not to make full contact as that could have caused serious injury.
I think their manager was also a lucky chap with his many psycho rages, i didn't know whether to laugh or cringe when he kept going off on one spitting as he shouted....i imagine he was pumped up trying to get Wrexham through as i imagine the cash would have been very useful for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here