Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes to Rescue

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Ashley Barnes

I am sorry to post this, but as I am fed up hearing posts on the subject, and am unsure how to do it, could someone just post a poll on the grounds of

1) Ashley Barnes is shit
2) Ashley Barnes is OK
3) Ashley Barnes is OK but
4) Ashley Barnes is pretty good
5) Ashley Barnes is more than good
6) Ashley Barnes is sensational

Add any other categories please if you will.

I will post my own observations in a couple of days once, and indeed, if anyone responds

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So many times moves break down because his link play/control let's him down but then comes up with the goods on a regular basis in the box. He pisses me off more than any other player but I would be even more pissed off if he left the club.
If you know what I mean.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So many times moves break down because his link play/control let's him down but then comes up with the goods on a regular basis in the box. He pisses me off more than any other player but I would be even more pissed off if he left the club.
If you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean but his link up play is a) improving amd b) better than CMS by MILES!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
His first touch is rubbish? He's always loosing it...

Does a lot for the team and has had a decent season, but his first touch is gash.

He's alright at this level but I think we need to do better to challenge at the top.

'always loosing it ' hmm...I'm sure that should be losing....anyway 'always' is a tad harsh

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Hope he plays for another team next season. Watched him for two whole seasons now. First touch terrible, misses so many easy chances. Bottled it against Reading. Hot head that will never take us to the next level. Fed up with him playing every game.

Pathetic. Maybe you should go support a different team next season because Barnsey is here for the long run. Yes , he is not prolific, but he is still our top scorer. He's 22 ffs! He's still learning! I find the criticism he gets from mugs like you pathetic as it is totally undeserved.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
22 years old

Scored 38 goals in two and a bit seasons.

Can score from outside the box and also makes good runs to find good positions in the box and score.

In the main manages to have the composure to put away penalties at the age of 22.

Can play in midfield or up top.

He will only get better.

He's been one of our bigest players in the team over the last two seasons.

Your mugging yourself off if you cannot see this.

Maybe the same people should ask why our £3m 28 year old striker runs around alot never takes up the right positions in the box and adds little to the overall performance of the team rather than witch hunting a player who was instrumental in the rise of this club from div 3.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
what were you watching?"

A different game to you I guess! He's done my head in this season, but most seem to hold him up as some kind of superstar. I really just don't get it. Fair play to him, I never shout abuse at him like some, but I really do think he is our weak link

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I can only assume you must watch from the North Stand. If you watched from the East or West you would see the phenominal work rate he puts in at both ends of the pitch. Vastly underated by too many fans I think.

You could say the same as CMS. Unfortunately work rate isn't good enough for where we are now. In League 2 v Rochdale it would be essential, but we can't rely on that now, especially when we have far better options on the bench

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Barnes is a more natural goal scorer than any other at the club, you only have to look at the positions he gets himself into. On occasions i get a little pissed off with him, but over the entire season he has delivered the goods.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Best striker at the club. First touch is some way ahead of Buckley and CMS's now, will continue to improve, and absolutely works his arse off. Vicente always looks for Barnes when he gets the ball.

Considering everything else he does, 14 goals from defensive left midfield is a phenomenal return in the Championship.

I presume when you reference his first touch you're wearing blinkers larger than those on many a Nag then? He has an acute ability to finish off moves in the box on a first time basis and to be in the right place at the right time but a first touch he does not have.

His defensive play so often lauded is typified by me as sticking his arse out, going down easier and quicker than Drogba and then exclaiming in abject incredulity that the referee dare not give him a free kick.

Granted the boy has promise, but if he were half the player he thought he was sometimes then we'd be on to a massive winner.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I presume when you reference his first touch you're wearing blinkers larger than those on many a Nag then? He has an acute ability to finish off moves in the box on a first time basis and to be in the right place at the right time but a first touch he does not have.

His defensive play so often lauded is typified by me as sticking his arse out, going down easier and quicker than Drogba and then exclaiming in abject incredulity that the referee dare not give him a free kick.

Granted the boy has promise, but if he were half the player he thought he was sometimes then we'd be on to a massive winner.

No one goes down like Drogba

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here