#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unless a bid comes in for him :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
14 goals so far this season. Great stuff from the young man.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think he gets too much stick for what he does. Yes he may not be a goal scorer like Rickie Lambert or Kevin Phillips but has netted 14 this seasons, well done to him, looking forward to seeing him next season hopefully pushing for 20!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Vicente didn't cost a penny.

What? No signing on fee OR wages?!

There shouldn't be any doubt that overall Vicente costs more than Barnes.

Barnes is actually my player of yhe season. 14 goals from a defensive left wing position is exceptional and I think that he is actually a better player than CMS in our system.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Best striker at the club. First touch is some way ahead of Buckley and CMS's now, will continue to improve, and absolutely works his arse off. Vicente always looks for Barnes when he gets the ball.

Considering everything else he does, 14 goals from defensive left midfield is a phenomenal return in the Championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic finish, but you can't say he works harder than CMS. Barnes has done a job that Gus wants him to do, and has done it well. He's had a great season playing in an unaccustomed role.

He didn't say he works harder. He said he's more clinical, and he is. Barnes is a better natural finisher than CMS, from what we have seen.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
His first touch is rubbish? He's always loosing it...

Does a lot for the team and has had a decent season, but his first touch is gash.

He's alright at this level but I think we need to do better to challenge at the top.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I LOVE Ashley Barnes. Works so hard for the team, creates, scores goals. Well done that man (again).

Stumpy Tim

His first touch is rubbish? He's always loosing it...

I was talking to [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] today about people who slate Barnes, and he made the point they're normally absolute THICKOIDS. The utter lack of grammar in this post kind of proves his point

His first touch is fine, and it's million times better than CMS. He's the best striker we have.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Best striker at the club. First touch is some way ahead of Buckley and CMS's now, will continue to improve, and absolutely works his arse off. Vicente always looks for Barnes when he gets the ball.

Considering everything else he does, 14 goals from defensive left midfield is a phenomenal return in the Championship.
This. Barnes has been fantastic this season, especially in tandem with Vicente. If he rates him, and he clearly does, that says a lot about his ability.
And how anyone can say that his first touch is rubbish is beyond me. Clearly you see nothing that he does except for the occassional mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here