Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes' shooting, Painter's pace and a few other concerns

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You don't point out that Marcos Painter's positioning and reading of the game is superb but you do point out that there are wingers that are faster than him. Can't consider his potential this year withought thinking about both these attributes in my view. Would also disagree that he was given a torrid time on the overlap. I do agree that he was left exposed a number of times and did well.

Ashley Barnes didn't finish well against Donny - I'm with you on that. And with luck he won't be our main striker this year unless he really hitsa his straps. But I do recall reading some stats here that show his shots to goals rate is very good. And most agreed last year that he gets into great positions.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Barnes is 21 ffs... give the kid time...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Jesus H Christ.

In all my time reading NSC, you would certainly be in the top 5 of attention seeking posters, and yet you have the gall to criticise a bunch of fans who have their own way of supporting the Albion. And their banners, which from picures I have seen on here are awesome.

I know not one of them personally, but have noticed a few threads in here started by members. Pretty acceptable for a BHAFC message board I would have thought. They are probably a lot younger than me, but they all seem to love Brighton and want to get some singing going, so although I wouldn't be a part of it (except from joining in songs), I say good luck to them.

What I've noticed more is a section of people who want to label them 'cringeworthy'. People who do that always strike me as more attention seeking than a group of fans doing their own thing and posting about it on a BRIGHTON FOOTBALL message board.

And here you are, with your constant self promoting, bad spelling, non fact checking, band wagon jumping, dig at them. Pathetic.

Apart from that, great blog! :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Jesus H Christ.

In all my time reading NSC, you would certainly be in the top 5 of attention seeking posters, and yet you have the gall to criticise a bunch of fans who have their own way of supporting the Albion. And their banners, which from picures I have seen on here are awesome.

I know not one of them personally, but have noticed a few threads in here started by members. Pretty acceptable for a BHAFC message board I would have thought. They are probably a lot younger than me, but they all seem to love Brighton and want to get some singing going, so although I wouldn't be a part of it (except from joining in songs), I say good luck to them.

What I've noticed more is a section of people who want to label them 'cringeworthy'. People who do that always strike me as more attention seeking than a group of fans doing their own thing and posting about it on a BRIGHTON FOOTBALL message board.

And here you are, with your constant self promoting, bad spelling, non fact checking, band wagon jumping, dig at them. Pathetic.

Apart from that, great blog! :thumbsup:

About as pathetic as you jumping on almost every post I make...but please carry on if it makes you happy.

And Ernest, it is no more attention seeking than any other person on here posting their thoughts. And please continue to conveniently ignore the parts of the thread and blog which say how amazing life is etc...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have nothing against fans trying to improve the atmosphere, but do they have to be so elitist about it? So you all sit in the stand behind the goal. So you have flags, which incidentally only point to the grey, concrete corner of the ground and not the pitch, and a new brilliantly original song only sung by a million other teams including Crystal Palace. But do you have to go on about is so much? .

What is elitist about it - so what they call themselves something they are still Brighton fans, no more or less than NSC or the Supporters Club. They are trying to keep an atmosphere going to avoid your comments about the rest of the support.

I never thought I would say this but HB&B's blogs are so more worthwhile than your crap.

Why is there a concern that 4,000 YES JUST 4,000 less fans attended a match against a fourth division team - many STH fans tried new seats, many non STH were able to get tickets.

God why do second rate local paper journalists think they know it all

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
About as pathetic as you jumping on almost every post I make...but please carry on if it makes you happy.

true, but

A. Your posts on here consistently annoy me
B. You always draw attention to yourself so I notice them :thumbsup:

Still at least I'm not blogging about/slagging off Brighton fans and then trying to get people to read it.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
One issue i have with people slating Painters pace is did anyone see how fast he got back when Donny scored on Sat? He was tracking back like someone had shoved a rocket up his arse.
Unfortunatly i think he will be the fall guy this season for the system we play. Can't see KLL tracking back a lot so he will take the brunt of it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This. Blogs are all well and good, as are opinions, but you sound like a complete wanker using it as a sounding board to have a pop at the ultras, Richie.

Richie "LEAVE GARETH ALONE" Morris - f***ing massive hypocrite.

Nice and constructive, thanks.

I though attacks on individual posters warranted a ban. Apparantly not...

*I wouldn't actually want anyone banned, just saying like.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice and constructive, thanks.
I thought so so I'll run it past you again. I was telling you that:

* advertising a blog that criticises a young section of our support for no reason isn't really on.
* for someone who seems to take issue with anyone coming even remotely close to criticising Gareth Glover (as if a 40 something year old man can't speak for himself), you sound like a complete hypocrite.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One issue i have with people slating Painters pace is did anyone see how fast he got back when Donny scored on Sat? He was tracking back like someone had shoved a rocket up his arse.
Unfortunatly i think he will be the fall guy this season for the system we play. Can't see KLL tracking back a lot so he will take the brunt of it.

Exactly. He often doesn't need to hit the afterburners (if he has any) because he's in the right place. I thought he was left exposed a few times against Donny - but was it ever thus. He does what he needs to do. No worries about him this season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought so so I'll run it past you again. I was telling you that:

* advertising a blog that criticises a young section of our support for no reason isn't really on.
* for someone who seems to take issue with anyone coming even remotely close to criticising Gareth Glover (as if a 40 something year old man can't speak for himself), you sound like a complete hypocrite.

Honestly, I have no idea how old the NSK are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here