Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes confounds the critics.........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of us were quite aware he wasn't shit, we just recognised that he wasn't experienced enough to play as a lone striker like he did when Murray was out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did I miss something?

I remember some, reasonable, questions when we signed him, since he wasn't getting in Plymouth's first team and had been on loan to Eastbourne. But when he played and showed he had something to him, people were fully behind him.

The whole team had a poor game v Hartlepool, and after Carlisle, while the team's toothlessness came in for criticism, most of the negativity was on Brezovan, with questions bein asked if 3-5-1 was a formation for Barnes. Then After Gillingham the negativity went on Murray.

WW is not the first person to come on here today and try to score points against Barnes's critics.

I'm just curious as to who these critics are, because I don't recall seeing them. Especially not in any great number.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Did I miss something?

I remember some, reasonable, questions when we signed him, since he wasn't getting in Plymouth's first team and had been on loan to Eastbourne. But when he played and showed he had something to him, people were fully behind him.

The whole team had a poor game v Hartlepool, and after Carlisle, while the team's toothlessness came in for criticism, most of the negativity was on Brezovan, with questions bein asked if 3-5-1 was a formation for Barnes. Then After Gillingham the negativity went on Murray.

WW is not the first person to come on here today and try to score points against Barnes's critics.

I'm just curious as to who these critics are, because I don't recall seeing them. Especially not in any great number.

Yes you did. Withdean Wanderer, TCB, Questions and Horney have all pretty much written him off in the last couple of weeks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes you did. Withdean Wanderer, TCB, Questions and Horney have all pretty much written him off in the last couple of weeks.

Maybe his critics are the same sort of people who rip into Glenn Murray or Peter Brezovan after one bad game, or have written off a young signing from a Blue Square Premier side because he hasn't scored in 4 substitute (or substituted) appearances.

I despair at the lack of patience displayed by some people- at risk of sounding like a miserable old git, it does seem to be a fairly modern thing. Barry Lloyd lasted years as Albion manager despite a lot of mediocrity. If he was in the same position now, he'd have been sacked by Christmas during the season after he got us promoted from Division Three.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I'm not really aware of the existence of horney or questions, I tend to assume TCB's posts are all about kuipers, and I tend to dismiss WW's posts. That would explain it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But thats a postive for a player, if that little mob right you off.

I lose more football knowledge and know how every time I take a shit, that little group have ever known between them!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thought his finish for the disallowed second was pretty good too, He also did a very good job of setting up Murray to miss all those sitters on Tuesday night.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sorry to confuse............the point wasn't really WHO scored,but where they scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here