Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona sell their soul and agree shirt sponsorship deal.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was always going to happen once the new president got in, disgrace

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
With Athletic Bilbao accepting coinage for shirt advertising since 3-4 years ago, is there a professional club left which doesn't? Were these the last two? NSC will know ...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rumour has it that Barca now have the readies for the Chris Holroyd bid

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Quatar foundation is a non-profit making organisation.

It will also be incorporated into the Unicef sponsorship. Barca have said the Unicef sponshorship will be the largest/most prominent regardless.

So not really that bad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
With Athletic Bilbao accepting coinage for shirt advertising since 3-4 years ago, is there a professional club left which doesn't? Were these the last two? NSC will know ...

Did Athletic Bilbao get a Basque-owned company on their shirts? I know they have a Basque-only policy when it comes to their players but wondered if that extended to their sponsors.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Bilbao do indeed have a basque sponsor on their shirt.
I assume the only reason Barca did this was because of their debt, cant think of any other clubs without a sponsor.

Lazio maybe?

Fiorentina didnt this year but then got Save The Children on theirs just before the season started

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Did Athletic Bilbao get a Basque-owned company on their shirts? I know they have a Basque-only policy when it comes to their players but wondered if that extended to their sponsors.

Yep - Petronor, Basque-based oil company. And even then, they were equivocal - fans could (maybe still can) buy replica shirts without the logo.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I think West Brom have still resisted the urge to sell their soul, although I think thats more down to the fact that nobody wants to sponsor them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here