Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bar for football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Font & Firkin in the Lanes is pretty good. Big bar with plenty of screens dotted around the place. You can also get various tables that seat about 6 at a time, with its own "personal" little monitor screen plumbed in.

Good grub as well.

It REALLY fucks me off when they don't put the commentry on and play music over the football, so much so I want to reach down someone's throat and tear their f***ing heart out.

I really hope all these suggested pubs turn the music off, I'm gettting too old for this heart-ripping shit. God dammit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
wetherspoons hove? has enough space, cheapish beer..

though may need to ask them to change the channel from the usual rolling news though, and turn the sound up? ;-)

They only have Sky Sports News. I don't think Wetherspoons subscribe to Sky Sports.

The England game is on Setanta anyway, which Spoons DEFFO don't do.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They only have Sky Sports News. I don't think Wetherspoons subscribe to Sky Sports.

The England game is on Setanta anyway, which Spoons DEFFO don't do.

Walkabout will have it, cheep beers, good(ish) food and loads of room if you get there early!

Edit: Or even Providence in Hove will have it, they do 4 pint jugs for about £6ish!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Has anyone been to The Smugglers on Ship Street since it 're-launched' as a sports bar? According to their website they have Sultana

Was intending to pop in to catch a game, but wanted to make sure some of the previous residents have gone first.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aah thats a shame, it was always such a good boozer in the very early 90's.

Ahh, I can remember many a lunch hour was spent in their dark and dingy basement playing free pool (they used to ram crumpled-up binliners down the pockets).

It was so bloody hot though. Asked them if they could open the door down there one afternoon, only to be told "NO - it turns the music off".

:rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Incorrect.
Englands friendly with Slovakia is on apple hazelnuts banana raisins coconuts sultana

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
providence. botton of east st.

the sussex in town, although manager is a miserable prick.

charlies bar on seafront.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here