Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bank Card Rejected

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I went to an ATM machine this morning to withdraw some money & my card was declined. It told me to contact the card issuer. I tried on another machine and go the exact some response. I can't get to the bank now till lunch to sort it. Has this happened to anyone before or the reason why. I know there is money in there as I only got paid from my previous job last week.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It may have a problem reading the card.. is it old?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Its definitely the card. A few months ago I requested a new card but it didn't turn up. At the end of the month my card did the exact same thing and wouldn't work at all. It turned out that the new card had got lost in the post. Make sure you take some photo ID with you to the bank.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If it's telling you to contact your issuer most likely it's been cancelled/frozen either because you got the PIN wrong three times, reported theft, unusual purchasing behaviour etc.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No , had this problem this morning , was it at a garage by any chance ? Mine said same thing after paying for petrol , then went to an alldays machine after leaving phone with blokes in shop . .. said same thing , then had to go another 2 miles and finally bank said yes . Must be some link down or something ? 20 mins late from work :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lot of lightning about this morning. Maybe it hit an ATM link or something (rather than the Three Bridges signal box like it usually does)

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I tried first at a Natwest ATM. Then went into the post office next door which offered cashback, neither worked. I know the PIN is definitely correct.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
In the time you've taken to quiz NSC you could have called the help line for your bank and sorted it out!! Who do you bank with?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Ccider said:
Maybe someone has taken your identity and cleaned out your account. Don't worry....

:eek:

That's what I was thinking.

Happened to me last week - with a Barclaycard not a debit card, thankfully, so I'm fully covered.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
In the time you've taken to quiz NSC you could have called the help line for your bank and sorted it out!! Who do you bank with?

What's your account number, date of birth and mother's maiden name?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had my card cloned once, I have a suspicion it was at a petrol station in Crawley, as I worked in the town and there was a spate of card frauds involving petrol stations up that way.

Someone managed to spend about £400 on my account in one day using a clone of my debit card. Fortunately, Barclays noticed it straight away and contacted me the same day to ask if I'd been splashing the cash in London.

When I said no, and confirmed I still had my card in my possession, I got all the money back.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ccider said:
Maybe someone has taken your identity and cleaned out your account. Don't worry....

:eek:

Thats what i would put my money on !.....:(

Ring your bank asap is my advice

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here