u12523527.jpg

BANGERS AND MASH TODAY!

bangers-mash.jpg

BANGERS AND MASH

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Morrison's here were churning out "Microwave" B and M for only 19p on Sunday, they must have overstocked.

It wasn't bad for that price, down from £1.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Mmmm I had sausage and mash lastnight. I freekin love them bangers I do.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Toooooo much gravy there unless you have half a ton of thick white bread with it

Slightly pedantic but I'd say there wasn't enough MASH and one sausage missing.

Probably nicked by my kids..why did I have them? Bastards..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think Cumberlands are best, me.

About 10 years ago in the open market in Brighton, there was a butchers who did the best sausages EVER. I used to go all the way into Brighton just to get them.

But it was a brother and sister who ran the stall, and about 4 years ago they had a bust-up and the stall shut down. Disaster.:down:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Weird city.

We had said bangers & mash last night. My take on it.

Boil the spuds in salted water.

Meanwhile, put the sossies in a pan with a smidge of oil, and a half cup of red wine. Slice a red onion and toss in. Put the lid over.

Make the Yorkshire puds (inspired by XIV Eye's excellent Yorkies on Sunday) by mixing some flour, a couple of eggs, a bottle of Harvey's India Pale Ale, salt, pepper and a pinch of ground coriander. Mix to a batter. Heat the oven to Chernobyl proportions and heat the Yorkshire trays. After 10 minutes, pour the batter into said piping hot trays. Cook for 15-20 mins.

Meanwhile, the sossies will be spitting out their own juices, along with the onion and wine.

Meanwhile, drain the now boiled spuds, add milk and mustard (preferably English AND wholegrain), and mash to buggery. Keep warm.

Meanwhile, take out the cooked sossies and onions. Plonk them, column-like into the mash. Keep the juices from the bottom of the sossies pan, and add a spot of flour, some Marmite (certainly optional) and the water from the spuds to make your gravy.

Put the whole lot on one big serving dish, and scoff. Enjoy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think Cumberlands are best, me.

About 10 years ago in the open market in Brighton, there was a butchers who did the best sausages EVER. I used to go all the way into Brighton just to get them.

But it was a brother and sister who ran the stall, and about 4 years ago they had a bust-up and the stall shut down. Disaster.:down:

Then go to the Brighton Sausage Company in Gloucester Road. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weird city.

Meanwhile, put the sossies in a pan with a smidge of oil, and a half cup of red wine. Slice a red onion and toss in. Put the lid over.

Make the Yorkshire puds (inspired by XIV Eye's excellent Yorkies on Sunday) by mixing some flour, a couple of eggs, a bottle of Harvey's India Pale Ale, salt, pepper and a pinch of ground coriander. Mix to a batter. Heat the oven to Chernobyl proportions and heat the Yorkshire trays. After 10 minutes, pour the batter into said piping hot trays. Cook for 15-20 mins.

Meanwhile, the sossies will be spitting out their own juices, along with the onion and wine.

Meanwhile, drain the now boiled spuds, add milk and mustard (preferably English AND wholegrain), and mash to buggery. Keep warm.

Meanwhile, take out the cooked sossies and onions. Plonk them, column-like into the mash. Keep the juices from the bottom of the sossies pan, and add a spot of flour, some Marmite (certainly optional) and the water from the spuds to make your gravy.

Sounds great but why have yorkies with bangers and mash if you want that do Toad in the Hole.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Sounds great but why have yorkies with bangers and mash if you want that do Toad in the Hole.

Yorkies can be eaten with ANY meal in my book the same can be said for garden peas, fresh or frozen not processed.
You wouldnt have had the same gravy with Toad in the hole cos the sausages are embedded in the batter.

Toad in the hole is lovely though.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Weird city.

That sounds BLOODY MARVELLOUS. :hungry:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where's the Coleman's ... you can't have bangers and mash without mustard ... that would be like footie without a pie or roast dinner without gravy

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Slightly pedantic but I'd say there wasn't enough MASH and one sausage missing.

Probably nicked by my kids..why did I have them? Bastards..

Pedantic Freakout be my middle name. sorry :p However i do like my sausage dry :wink:

The best with mash is Cumberland & The King of Sausage food is TOAD IN THE HOLE WITH BACON WRAPPED ROUND :thumbsup:

Attachments

• cumberland-sausage.jpg
    cumberland-sausage.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 339
  • toad_in_the_hole.jpg
    toad_in_the_hole.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 321

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Speldhurst sausages - herby and just enough spice.

Mash from hollowed out jacket spuds (drier mash and the bonus of skins with bacon and cheese the following day) pushed through a potato ricer. Salt, pepper (lots), butter and a splash of cream.

Onion gravy (using home grown red onions - dead easy - have a go next year).

Colmans mustard on the side.

Couple of bottles of St Peters Best to wash it down.

The BEST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here