Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands you havent seen (yet?) but would like to...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Joy Division.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Muse, Pendulum, Prodigy, Kasabian (seen them supporting Oasis however).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The big one for me would be Talking Heads.

However I am loving the Duckworth Lewis Method right now, but they only seem to play the odd arty festival.

Would be a coup if they book em for the 20 20 final a week Saturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fever Ray, Grizzly Bear, Thom Yorke solo. I've seen most other bands I would want to see.

I've got tons of bands I wish I had seen or seen their peak. Very obvious ones are Johnny Cash and The Clash. Sadly I am old enough to have seen both but never did (I have a number of regrets in my life.) And The Talking Heads is a very good call. Heaven is one of my favourite songs.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we're including bands we'd wish we could have seen (which is clear if I re-read the thread!), then I'd like to have seen Queen complete with Freddie on vocals.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The only current band I would love to see but so far haven't managed to is Arcade Fire, but I'm sure I will rectify that in the coming year or two. I could have seen them at a festival 4 years ago, but they lost out on the flip of a coin to Goldfrapp on another stage...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
As for old bands, I missed the Wonder Stuff, who would probably have been good.

And I had the chance to see Nirvana before anyone had heard of them (a story told previously on NSC), but since I hadn't either I wrote them off as no-hopers and went to the pub instead...

Would have loved to have seen the legendary Three Mustaphas Three, arguably the greatest ever band to come from the mythical Balkan republic of Szegerely.

And I would dearly love to have seen the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band with Vivian Stanshall at his insane best.

I have wanted to see The Ukrainians for 20 years, but am getting to put that right next week... :clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thom Yorke acoustic
Arcade Fire
Kings of Leon
The Strokes
Queens of the Stoneage
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Cure
Kraftwerk

Seen pretty much everyone else I really want to.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bands I'd like to have seen but didn't: Velvet Underground, Sex Pistols and Jimi Hendrix Experience

Current bands I'd like to see: Polar Bear, Portico Quartet, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Boban Markovic Orkestra, The Eels, The Dresden Dolls, Bellowhead and probably a whole lot more

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Fever Ray, Grizzly Bear, Thom Yorke solo. I've seen most other bands I would want to see.

I've got tons of bands I wish I had seen or seen their peak. Very obvious ones are Johnny Cash and The Clash. Sadly I am old enough to have seen both but never did (I have a number of regrets in my life.) And The Talking Heads is a very good call. Heaven is one of my favourite songs.

David Byrne did Heaven on his last tour where he played Eno/Byrne songs. I think he is still down to play Southampton and The Big Chill with the same, tickets were £35 poud at the dome but damn worth it.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Saw them on the Remain in Light tour in 1980. You'll be happy to know they were brilliant. :thumbsup:

The support act was some bunch of Irish wannabes called "U2", or something. I'm not sure what became of them.

The closet I remember being was a day late for a gig in Athens when I was a teenager.

I have tried to see Gil Scott Heron over the years 3 or 4 times and the buggar never turns up.

I would always pay good money to see Bootsy Collins but its rare he comes over here these days.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh add to mine:

Portishead
Arctic Monkeys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here