Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band of Brothers

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got the Box Set out again last night.

By far one of the best TV series of all time, truely brilliant.

I only realised for the first time last night that Simon Pegg makes an appearance.

Such a shame the Pacific didnt quite live up to expectations.

Anyone who has not seen this, MUST.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I haven't seen it since it was first aired but I still consider it one of the best TV programs of all time

Might have to watch it again actually - might pick up the box set. Perhaps with The Pacific as well as I never saw that

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Funny you should mention that, spent a lot of time with the miss's this weekend watching the box set (she is a massive fan, which is definitely a plus.)

Easily the best series of all time, Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg master class. There quite a few famous actors who's careers have grown since the series. Scott Grimes, Damien Lewis, Dexter Fetcher, Neal McDonough, Stephen Graham, Michael Fassbender etc.

Got up to the end of Crossroads this weekend and next weekend we start with Bastogne, my favourite.

Edit: Thought the Pacific was dreadful and didn't bother watching after the first couple of episodes

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Damn you. Will have to start watching this again. Echo all comments so far, surely the best mini series EVER made.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Watched the series through a couple of times, and it sparked a great interest from me in WWII. The series explores every emotional aspect you could want from following a company of soldiers, from sweeping large scale battles to individual moments of break down, terror and despair.

Colonel Winters sadly died last year aged 92, as have many of the veterans although I think Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Edward Heffron both 89, still do tours, and various talks and appearances.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I actually enjoyed The Pacific nearly as much as Band of Brothers, it was interesting to see a less trodden part of the War on film. It was certainly a different type of war they were fighting over there.

Haven't seen Band of Brothers in a long time, is it worth picking up the blu-ray even if i have it on DVD already?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Agree with everyones view - definately a superb series that I never get tired of seeing. Really enjoyed The Pacific too, although anything following BoB is always going to struggle to live up to expectations. Worth giving another go though for those who didnt like it first time round.
I'm interested in anything to do with WWII so I'd recommend Flags of our Fathers & Letters from Iwo Jima for anyone wanting a couple of war films to watch....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Band of Brothers is simply the best mini series of all time. I haven't watched it for a while I must do something about that soon. A lot of the real Band of Brothers have released books about their lives, including the war and later lives and all of them have been great reads, covering stuff that was left out of the show.

I also met Rocky Marshall a couple of weeks ago on a Eurostar back from Paris, nice bloke, he played Earl McLung.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
The Mrs and kids were out one Sunday so I thought I would watch the first episode . Had the day to myself so watched the next one . I ended up being glued to it and watched the whole series in one day . I quite enjoyed the pacific but it took a while to get going

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Watching it for the first time round was amazing
Watching it for the second time still amazing
Then watched it a third time when the kids were old enough even better
Not seen it now for two years so it's due a 4th viewing
Quite simply the second best tv show ever just behind The Sopranos

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bloody HATE Band of Brothers.

I'm just not disciplined enough to switch it off. There's always that feeling of "sod it, one more episode", which then leads me to staying up to some RIDICULOUS ungodly hour watching at least another hours worth when I've got work in the morning.

Its just TOO good.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It was probably the best series ever, IMO. And very moving at times.

And what made it special were the interviews with the guys from Easy Company after each episode. It's one of those series that you just have to watch again and again and never get fed up.

I thought The Pacific was a bit disappointing to start with as I'd had such high hopes after Band of Brothers but thought it got better as it went on and some of the later episodes were very good.

For those that haven't watched it all the way through, give it another try.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I bloody HATE Band of Brothers.

I'm just not disciplined enough to switch it off. There's always that feeling of "sod it, one more episode", which then leads me to staying up to some RIDICULOUS ungodly hour watching at least another hours worth when I've got work in the morning.

Its just TOO good.

I discovered BoB in the run up to my January exams in my 2nd year at University. Horrific timing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It was probably the best series ever, IMO. And very moving at times.

And what made it special were the interviews with the guys from Easy Company after each episode. It's one of those series that you just have to watch again and again and never get fed up.

I thought The Pacific was a bit disappointing to start with as I'd had such high hopes after Band of Brothers but thought it got better as it went on and some of the later episodes were very good.

For those that haven't watched it all the way through, give it another try.

I watched about 6 episodes, and was throughly disappointed by all of them. Especially the entire episode in Melbourne I think it was? That was terrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here