From Bournemouth's forum...

Posted 12/3/2011 19:52
Subject: Pride of the South

New Signing

start showing some respect guys
3-1

Read more: Viewing a thread - Pride of the South

:D

I can see why they'd think that, I mean, being the third best team on the South Coast (with the largest budget) is certainly something to be proud of isn't it?

Well done those plucky Saints :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably they'll have an open-top bus parade when they finish somewhere between 10 and 15 points behind us and maybe 5 points ahead of Bournemouth?

Oh well :shrug:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Respect where respect is due. SCC have won their last 3 on the spin to stay within 10 points of us. Thats almost TOUCHING distance.

If you are Mr Tickle.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are a few teams BANG on form, to be fair.

SCC have won a few, Huddersfield are on a bit of a roll, MK Dons are somehow dragging their shitty team up there, Orient can do no wrong (possibly because there's no pressure on them, to be fair), and Peterborough look unbeatable. Good job we're red hot too then eh? :D

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Also, there is a thread on the Huddersfield site about their promotion rivals' run-ins...and they haven't bothered to include our fixtures in it.

I assume that is a compliment :thumbsup:

DATM - Down At The Mac - Huddersfield Town Forum - Run-ins

funnily enough I did the same thing and presumably for the same reason :)

In terms of games against other teams who are in the mix for automatic promotion Huddersfield probably have the most difficult run-in as they have to play Peterboro,MKD, and us plus an under-performing/potentially dangerous Charlton and an in-form Brentford to come.

SCC play MKD,us, Orient and Charlton (twice) plus Brentford away must fancy their chances.

Posh have Huddersfield, MKD, Orient and Bournemouth and will run them very close on current form. Bizzarely they don't have a Saturday game now until 9th April.

Bournemouth have by far the easiest run-in with only Peterboro and Charlton from the top end and if they can recover from today cannot be ruled out.

MKDons have Peterboro, SCC and Huddersfield with less games to play than anyone
Orient with Charlton, SCC, Brentford and Peterboro as their toughest games on paper cannot be ruled out of a run in to the play-offs

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From saintsweb......

Peterborough will win the league.
Saints second.
Brighton third.
B'mouth 6th or 7th (not certain but it will be goal difference)

I am sharing this with you now so that you can marvel at my greatness come May.

Kind Regards,

Alain.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently Peterborough hit 100 goals for the season (in all competitions) today. According to their forum. Which also has a post about the run-in...which doesn't feature our games
:clap:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
B'MUFF will get their revenge by beating Adkin's Sashettes in this years D1 Play Off Final.

You heard it here first folks...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And probably shipped 98.

Bunch of clowns.

They also missed two penalties today, in scoring six goals. Glad to see it's not just us :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I dislike Southampton more and more each day. Their sheer arrogance is almost comparable to Leeds.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One can only IMAGINE how pissed off their strikers must be with their defence :lol:

I'd have said that as they've scored 15 times in the last four games without conceding a single goal, they're pretty happy with their defence now ;)

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
To be fair, a few of the Huddersfield fans said that they expect to win at the Withdean, as "Brighton will most likely be up by then, probably as Champions."

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'd have said that as they've scored 15 times in the last four games without conceding a single goal, they're pretty happy with their defence now ;)

This is what is interesting about Peterborough. Before we all knew they both scored and conceded the most in the league, now they seem to have sorted out the defence somewhat. I am absolutely gobsmacked at the effect Ferguson has had there on his return. We have to keep a safe distance between us and them/SCC. For my health more than anything.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Listening to BBC radio earlier where it was announced Southampton beat Bournemouth 3-1 to go into fourth. "Saints go marching on in League One" was the quote, and I was shocked and disgusted to be honest. They didn't mention us, Posh or Huddersfield who are doing better than them ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here