Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back to Gillingham/Ground Share?

Oct 5, 2003
surely the current dire financial situation will end with the club having to ground share with Gillingham again or worse Pal@rse and if its PortSCUMouth then we reaolly have hit rock bottom! Wouldnt this elleviate sum of the financial strains of Withdean and wasnt Silent wrong in his timing and venue for a return to Sussex, was Gillingham that bad after all so many travel away these days anyway!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
no way!! even with the withdean shithole much better than gillingham palarse or pompey.. if we had to groundshare why not crawley

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it cost us £350k whilst at Gillingham, I'm pretty sure its not gonna cost that amount over the same time period at Withdean. Not forgetting that was just Rent money, nothing about travel for staff/players etc, that would've all gone on top.

Oct 5, 2003
thats not 350k per season i thought so surely Gillingham WAS much cheaper than Withdean?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
thats not 350k per season i thought so surely Gillingham WAS much cheaper than Withdean?

350k for the entire time we were there apparently (Ask The Club forum)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'm happy to have a season ticket at Withdean.

If we go back to Gillingham or groundshare with another club, I won't go - period.

I didn't go to Gillingham for one reason and one reason only. It wasn't our home.

If FG thinks moving the club away from it's core fan base is the answer, then he can go and support MK Dons.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Withdean costs a fortune (anyone know a cost per game ?)

we gat 5-6000

Gillingham got 4000 on a good day,, what did it cost ?

what would Palace, Pompey cost ? or Crawley for that matter !

Oct 5, 2003
withdean mite be home im just saying if its cost effective going to a ground share how can the club refuse this? facts on casts first and i bet it was cheaper at Gillinghm per match taking all costs into account than withdean ever has been!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
withdean mite be home im just saying if its cost effective going to a ground share how can the club refuse this? facts on casts first and i bet it was cheaper at Gillinghm per match taking all costs into account than withdean ever has been!

yeah but dont forget we dont pay Ecovert anything anymore, we saved a shitload doing that, I'm certain we are easily making mroe money at Withdean per game than at Gillingham.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
But our away support is max 2,500 - 3,000.

Why Gillingham - there are closer grounds than that ? Why not just say, ' Right, we're leaving Brighton, so we might as well forget the ' home ' fans, and just base our requirements on an attendance of 3,000 max '.

That would leave us at somewhere like Crawley ( but the Council own the ground and won't let us in ) or Aldershot. Maybe we should apply for the freehold to Plough Lane & play there, or The New Den.

You can bet that Scally would want more than £ 305,00 this time round, Gillingham are in the financial shit as well right now. Portsmouth won't want a groundshare whilst they're trying to redevelop, they don't need our money and we'd just get in the way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If we did *have* to go on the road again, the New Den would probably be allowed now Wimbledon has died, as i understood the main objection was from the Met having to cover the extra games. Certainly preferable to Gillingham. Using Plough Lane is a bit like saying we could build at Brighton Station: you cant because a super market owns it and wont sell it.

Scumhurst is right out.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
feed_troll.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Well there's always ' The New Wembley ', but it wouldn't come cheap.

But we could try Crystal Palace National Sports Arena ........ no, somehow I can't see the Met allowing that one either!

Would make for some interesting Saturday afternoons though !

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Plough Lane - NOT A CHANCE. Planning permission has been granted for 400 flats and building will be starting soon. Safeways has sold the land to developers.

Our only hope for a half decent ground in the short term is Crawley. Maybe with a bit of simple development it could be a 10-12K capacity stadium, but it would cost millions the club has not got.

Simply put its Falmer or bust!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Why are you even bothering to respond to FG?

Here's a much more relevant discussion, which I had with someone at the weekend: after you've had a crap, do you stand up to wipe your arse or stay seated?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dick Knights Mum said:
I was after the Pointless Discussion topic and was directed here. What are we discussing ?

doint think it is pointless im sure if the money problem is that bad the club are looking into every option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here