Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Wycombe..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a performance today. Truly superb. The heart and pride that all the players showed was great to see and we were very unlucky not to win 5-4 when Davies scored late on and it was ruled offside somehow.
Hoytes sending off was contentious to say the least from what i saw. Lashed out a tad at Pitman, but didn't see any contact.
Elliot Bennett and Glenn Murray were incredible today. Both 10 out of 10. Great to see Murray finally looking like he wants to play for us, and his first goal was a beauty.
Also a mention to Craig Davies, who won everything in the air when he came on and was a real handful. Looks a lot better than Dickinson has at points this season.
Overall, a magnificent team performance, which we have lacked for a long long time.
Just a shame we didn't win the game.

Well done to the other Albion fans for singing your hearts out all game :albion:

This performance gives us a lot to be optimistic about, and i left happy with for once, bar the shocking referee display.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
anyone know how many albion were there?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree that we were good going forward but let's not forget that we conceded 4 against the worst side we will play all season and the thought of that defence facing Leeds scares the shit out of me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Im less than amazed, how many times have you seen a squad playing shit up their game having been playing shit when the manager gets sacked?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I've just got back too, fantastic game, well worth the trip! Don't know what that ref was on about most of the time and Virgo had a shite game IMO- his free kick was appalling and wasn't leading the back line. El-Abd had another great game and it was good to see Cox back, gives us so much energy. And no WAY was Davies's goal offside!

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
there was only 400 of you guys there?
all i could hear on the radio was albion fans!!
well done guys...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
didnt get away till 545 as a bha fan got hit by a car on the industral estate,great excitment today,shocking defence,happy with the draw,but why we played 4 at the back after the sending off i will never know,game was there for the taking,they did it after the sending off aNd looked more dangerous,hinsh should of done same,bennett althogh did well,we had no width,agree with the comments on davies,won good flick ons,but should of scored hatwick,had 2 great chances with all the time and didnt even get the keeper to make a save,but proud of the lads today

Last edited:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Sorry mate I know football is about opionions, but how can you say El Abd had a good game, what planet are you on ?, have a look at 3 of the goals and they all came from him not being a left back, not his fault, but he does not show the forward the line, so it is so easy to come in and cross the ball, which they did for 3 goals. Sorry mate think you need go to some more matches and learn the basics of football tactics. I am not the only one, I had people behind screaming him to be taken off. He is quite simply appaling at left back, just how many goals we have let in at when he is at left back, Huddesfield, 7, last week, 3, this week 4, I rest my case.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
there was only 400 of you guys there?
all i could hear on the radio was albion fans!!
well done guys...

sounded like a home game to me! also sounded like davies was involved in everything when he came on. won the penalty, shot just wide, disallowed goal( that apparently should not of been) , unless there is something we dont know about sounds like he is not being given the chance he deserves, only one sub appearance before today at home and loked a handful then. give the lad ago!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If that away end holds 2,000 then we EASILY had 700

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Just got back myself, that match was pure ENTERTAINMENT.

Goals every 10 minutes, both teams having a lead twice - magic.

Ref was a tosser thou.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here