Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from Leicester

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Just got home from an eventful day !

I thought we were very poor today and were lucky not to concede 2/3 more. Painters sending off was harsh but I thought overall that the ref was awful and inconsistent. Leicester deserved the win by a mile, we simply weren't good enough. I'm starting to think we've been mugged £3/4million for CMS aswell, as decent as he is and as lucky we are to have him, he isn't worth £3-4million but there's no reason why he can't be.

On the plus side we're still second and Palace lost, hopefully we can start picking up the wins again starting at home to Liverpool.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we were far better than poor but just lacked the final ball.

I fully expected us to be under the cosh right from the first whistle but it never happened.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
....I'm starting to think we've been mugged £3/4million for CMS aswell, as decent as he is and as lucky we are to have him, he isn't worth £3-4million but there's no reason why he can't be....

Miss too many sitters like that and it might be something to worry about. Personally i think he's got too much class and is in his prime right now. He'll come good don't worry.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Only just got back myself and Im afraid i agree with the OP. we were very much secnd best for the majority of the game today. Cms needs a goal! Shocking chance that he missed. Couldnt see the painter sending of clearly. Wednesday is a write-off but we need to bounce back against Leeds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fact that CMS is not scoring could it be that we are not playing to his strength and getting the ball to him quick enough as he always seems to be on the last defenders shoulders looking for the ball. I think that he will start to hit it off when Hoskins is fit and playing, good as he has been I dont think Barnes combines well with him and may be better suited to be a super sub.

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
One bad game doesn't make him a poor buy.
Hell, i'm sure Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo etc. have all missed sitters and had a stinker of a game.

We were well beat today. Granted it was a shocking miss but he absolute quality.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
The fact that CMS is not scoring could it be that we are not playing to his strength and getting the ball to him quick enough as he always seems to be on the last dfeenders shoulders looking for the ball. I think that he will start to hit it off when Hoskions is fit and playing, good as he has been I dont think Barnes combines well with him and may be better suited to be a super sub.

this, been saying we need to get the ball to him quicker, still trying to think of an actual one on one that he has had this season????? i'm stuck on that

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
i'm not 100 percent convinced he's over the back injury that forced him out the Scotland squad. You can't fault him for effort. I get tired just watching him run about!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The fact that CMS is not scoring could it be that we are not playing to his strength and getting the ball to him quick enough as he always seems to be on the last defenders shoulders looking for the ball. .

Totally agree BG - we totally lacked a cutting edge in the final third and to be honest the service to CMS was poor from the first to last minute. I think we're still trying to find the best way of playing to his strengths and although he did miss a sitter, the only way he was going to score today was by carving out something himself and to be fair Leicester's central defenders were quality. We were beaten by the better side but hey our unbeaten run had to come to an end some time. Keep the faith !!!!!

:albion:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Drove back down the M1 and despite all the "I must sit in the outside lane" knob ends, got in to BN6 at 2000hrs. Thought we lacked our usual quality today and were not allowed to control the game, as we like to do. CMS was not his usual self and all our pace was snuffed out by a better Leicester side. However, I see no reason why we cannot quickly regain our league winning form and return to the business in hand.

Thought the atmosphere today was immense even when we were 1 - 0 down with 10 men. Leicester fans were a bit primitive as were some of our boys who were offering the yokels out for fisticuffs. Calm down eh!

Wouldn't hurry back to the Wankers/King Prawn stadium in a hurry.

Sep 1, 2010
We lost a few of games against the BIG teams last season. The fact is, despite all the hype if we finish in the top 10 this year I will be chuffed. Leicester and West Ham are the big boys. Shouldn't be too hard on the lads today

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just got home from an eventful day !

I thought we were very poor today and were lucky not to concede 2/3 more. Painters sending off was harsh but I thought overall that the ref was awful and inconsistent. Leicester deserved the win by a mile, we simply weren't good enough. I'm starting to think we've been mugged £3/4million for CMS aswell, as decent as he is and as lucky we are to have him, he isn't worth £3-4million but there's no reason why he can't be.

On the plus side we're still second and Palace lost, hopefully we can start picking up the wins again starting at home to Liverpool.

CMS problems are he is a small guy who is totally isolated. I don't think we were mugged for CMS. But being honest I do think it was a mistake to let a player like Murray go. CMS needs a Murray, a bigger, stronger target man to feed off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Top those who went how did Harley get on...bbc radio match commentator/guest seemed to suggest he wasnt totally 'committed' unless i misinterpreted them...i'd be interested in yur views

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The last significant game we lost was MK Dons in February. For God's sake, pull yourselves together.

No , we're f***ed now

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Foxes

Sep 17, 2011
Thought Bamba had CMS in his pocket today, purely because of his pace and strength which can get him out of poor positioning sometimes.

Feel that CMS will score goals against the lesser teams this season with his pace and attitude though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thought Bamba had CMS in his pocket today, purely because of his pace and strength which can get him out of poor positioning sometimes.

Feel that CMS will score goals against the lesser teams this season with his pace and attitude though.

I agree, Bamba had a great game.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Top those who went how did Harley get on...bbc radio match commentator/guest seemed to suggest he wasnt totally 'committed' unless i misinterpreted them...i'd be interested in yur views

The game passed him by today - wasn't in it all although did have a great opportunity to score in the second half

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could not tell from the radio. Was Noone playing on the right?

How come Peltier was allowed to get forward?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't think we played much worse than in the last few games just this game we didn't have much go our way. I don't know if CMS has an injury still but since he came back from International break with a back problem he has been a bit off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here